Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else find it annoying and a testament to the times
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,332

Anyone else find it annoying and a testament to the times

Feb 27, 2021, 1:27 PM

that you can routinely find women's basketball and often softball all over the ESPN family of networks but you can't watch Clemson vs SC baseball game on tv? IN SOUTH CAROLINA.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else find it annoying and a testament to the times

Feb 27, 2021, 1:44 PM

The LPGA and WNBA only exist thanks to subsidies from the PGA, NBA, and ESPN. The only professional female sport that actually survives on its own merits is the women’s tennis tour.

The women’s World Cup is popular in America, but worldwide it gets very little viewership, which is why they get paid a fraction of what the men get paid. The men’s World Cup generates crazy crazy revenues. The women’s World Cup is a fraction of the men’s revenues.

Serena Williams is arguably the greatest female tennis player of all time. If she played on the men’s tour she would probably be ranked somewhere around 500 in the world. A good high school boys basketball team would flat out spank an All-Star team from the WNBA. Most good college male golfers would beat the best women golfers. When the girls team, the American women’s World Cup team, prepare for the World Cup they play the men’s 19 and under team and get their butts kicked. But they say it helps prepare them better. Any good college soccer team would kick their butts!

Watching a WNBA game is actually painful! The athleticism and skill level is so bad it actually hurts to watch! I would bet money that most decent high school boys basketball teams would kick their ###!

Now after decades of fighting for title nine and women’s rights when women make up more than 50% of the population these fruitcakes and radicals on the far left and the Democrats and woke media that support them are going to destroy girls and women’s athletics with their insane & irrational transgender agenda. But science! Just sayin!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2021, 2:02 PM

And women tennis players should have to win 3 out of 5 sets, just like the men, because they, you know, deserve the same pay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 27, 2021, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else find it annoying and a testament to the times ]

I've never watched a minute of women's college or pro basketball. I doubt I ever will as it doesn't interest me in the least. But I too see several channels of programming with these sports on TV.

Every time I see them televised, I wonder - how do they generate enough revenue to stay in business? Why are these games televised - who is watching? And if no one is watching the games on TV or attending them in person, how do they stay afloat?

I've never once had anyone bring up in conversation - "Hey, did you catch that (WNBA) game last night?"

None of it makes it sense.

On the other hand.... I've also wondered how I'd feel if I had a daughter that played professional basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,332
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic