Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The board seems to have more posts about softball than
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

The board seems to have more posts about softball than

Mar 6, 2021, 8:33 PM

baseball, which is a sad commentary if accurate. Nothing against the softball team, hope they do well. But it reminds me of the patheticness of the s.car fanbase going nuts over women's hoops.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The board seems to have more posts about softball than

Mar 6, 2021, 8:40 PM

Well, the girls can hit and the boys can’t. So, there’s that....We still have football tho.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2021, 8:47 PM

So what you’re saying is, since it’s a women’s team they don’t matter? The fact that they’re ranked in the top 25 and just swept an ACC opponent isn’t worth talking about? To me that’s pretty pathetic ?????

I always called out that nonsense

Mar 6, 2021, 9:10 PM

You can make fun of them all you want for many things but not for having a good women’s basketball programs while ours is always pretty bad.

People following the softball team is great. Maybe the baseball program should get back to top 20 status if they get jealous of the attention softball gets.

Mar 6, 2021, 9:13 PM

Kind of the times we live in.

Unfortunately there seems to be little concern over how far our baseball program has fallen the last 10-15 years. If football is No. 1, then Baseball is 1-A for me. I think a lot of new Clemson fans fail to realize what Clemson baseball used to be, and even more disheartening is the fact that with another average season, as long as football remains strong, no urgency will be shown by the administration. And no, this isn’t about just today’s loss.

I’m not sure how if this team fails to reach a Super Regional, DRad doesn’t have to have an uncomfortable talk with Lee.

I agree with this

Mar 6, 2021, 9:14 PM

The seemingly contentment with Lee despite the lack of results so far is a bit alarming.

Re: I agree with this

Mar 6, 2021, 10:48 PM

Everyone has to keep doubling down because they insisted that Leggett, and Leggett alone, was the problem and that Monte Lee was guaranteed to be better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

What Vizitz said plus the only good years Lee had

Mar 9, 2021, 3:59 PM

were the years with Jack’s recruits

Mar 9, 2021, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: The board seems to have more posts about softball than ]

outlaw1081 said:

Kind of the times we live in.

Unfortunately there seems to be little concern over how far our baseball program has fallen the last 10-15 years. If football is No. 1, then Baseball is 1-A for me. I think a lot of new Clemson fans fail to realize what Clemson baseball used to be, and even more disheartening is the fact that with another average season, as long as football remains strong, no urgency will be shown by the administration. And no, this isn’t about just today’s loss.

I’m not sure how if this team fails to reach a Super Regional, DRad doesn’t have to have an uncomfortable talk with Lee.

It’s sad that a Clemson fan does not realize the playing field in baseball is not level and simply assume the coach is the problem. Perhaps you should dig a little deeper into the situation to actually get to the root cause

I hate to break it to you but

Mar 9, 2021, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The board seems to have more posts about softball than ]

baseball is a distant third on the priority list behind football and basketball at Clemson. That isn't going to change as long as those two make the money to support every other sport on campus (all of which lose money, including baseball).

With that said, I think it's unfair to suggest that fewer people care about baseball as a result of football. Clemson baseball has its core of devoted and enthusiastic fans, and that isn't going anywhere. I do think people have more hobbies and entertainment options today than in years past, but that challenge exists for all sports today.

As for the athletic department, the recent upgrade to the baseball facilities are evidence that Clemson cares about the sport. What else do you want the athletic department to do in order to show more of a commitment to baseball?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hard to believe, but basketball loses money at Clemson...

Mar 9, 2021, 3:40 PM

as well. I would not have thought that. I pulled 18-19 numbers since that was the most recent year not affected by COVID.

TOTAL EXPENSES BY SPORT:

Basketball
Men: $8,229,736
Women: $4,459,018
Total: $12,688,754

TOTAL REVENUE BY SPORT:

Basketball
Men: $9,224,524
Women: $1,429,390
Total: $10,653,914

https://clemsontigers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/EADA-file-1.pdf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sounds like we need some Lacorsse revenue to make up

Mar 9, 2021, 5:17 PM

the slack.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oh boy.***

Mar 10, 2021, 10:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No, I'm sure softball will help make up the slack.

Mar 10, 2021, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Sounds like we need some Lacorsse revenue to make up ]

It doesn't make any money, but it's popular in the southeast so that's good enough for most folks.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

So it's better to have an unpopular sport that loses money..

Mar 10, 2021, 2:49 PM

than a popular one that loses money?

What you are experiencing right now is known as "tilt" in the poker world.

"Tilt originated as a poker term for a state of mental or emotional confusion or frustration in which a player adopts a less than optimal strategy, usually resulting in the player becoming over-aggressive. Tilting is closely associated with another poker term, "steam".

Placing an opponent on tilt or dealing with being on tilt oneself is an important aspect of poker. It is a relatively frequent occurrence due to frustration, animosity against other players, or simply bad luck."

The same thing happened to me last month when I bought

Mar 10, 2021, 3:50 PM

a new Audi.
Then my neighbor went and bought a slightly nicer one than mine the VERY NEXT week.
I swear to all that is holy I think she did it just for spite.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You're including women's basketball

Mar 10, 2021, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Hard to believe, but basketball loses money at Clemson... ]

which loses money.

Men's basketball, which is what is meant when basketball is discussed unless stated otherwise, makes money and funds other programs.

You know that though. Carry on.

No...

Mar 10, 2021, 2:57 PM

The Clemson University Athletic Department is including Men's & Women's Basketball data. Maybe your issue concerning the definition of "basketball" is with them?

I support all Clemson programs

Mar 6, 2021, 9:52 PM

I was never one of those who said I don't support women sports because I support all Clemson programs.

As a Clemson fan, what's wrong with being excited about the other programs outside of football?

Mar 6, 2021, 10:43 PM

The women athletes are as much a part of the Clemson family as the men.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Then There Is The "" It "" Factor ---

Mar 6, 2021, 10:52 PM

The softball team is better looking than the baseball team...plus they're playing somewhat lights out.

The women's volleyball team looks better than the men's....they have better looking long legs and they're tall.
??

they look good

Mar 7, 2021, 11:22 AM

and Ive always said there are a ton of talented young ladies in SC that would come to Clemson if we had a program. but they haven't really played the likes of FSU, Bama, UCLA, or any other "blue blood" of college softball. but they definitely are headed in the right direction

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 9:01 AM

Our softball team has a ton of fun playing the game. They play the game pretty well. Really focused on team.
Posting about the team instead of our tired, modestly talented, not so competitive baseball team is pathetic?
Ever wonder why women teams at Clemson haven’t been a consistent force in ACC?

Softball is an exciting sport and I’m really...

Mar 7, 2021, 9:21 AM

proud of the support they are getting from the university and the fans.

Softball is on a 9 game win streak and sitting at 12-2 so

Mar 7, 2021, 11:14 AM

what's not to be excited about? Comparing Clemson fans pulling for our women's sports to dirtpeckers and their women's BB is not comparing apples to apples. They've nothing else to hang their hat on. As a Clemson fan I pull for all of our sports. Having coached fastpitch I can tell you they are every bit as tough and resilient as boys on the diamond.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its simple

Mar 7, 2021, 11:25 AM

our fans simply are tired of baseball's limited success. even in our "glory days" we still never won a championship. name another program with our resume that has ZERO national titles?????? Heck there are programs with weaker resumes who have multiple championships. and frankly, I don't think our administration cares. or it doesn't seem like it. which is a shame because, like someone else posted, to me football is #1 and baseball is #1A.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its simple

Mar 7, 2021, 4:32 PM

Florida State. 23 CWS appearances without a title. That’s nearly double our 12 without a win. UNC and Miss St have 11 appearances with out a win. Arkansas has 10. So, it’s a frustrating list to be on - but not as unprecedented as you post would imply. In the last 30 years what team with a weaker resume really won the whole thing besides Coastal Carolina? I think every team besides them has won multiple titles.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Mar 7, 2021, 4:12 PM

they are fun to watch, pretty talented and really seem to be enjoying playing the game

Mar 9, 2021, 9:59 AM

I''ll be the one that said I told you so. From the inception I said I couldn't wait for softball and also they would be competitive from the outset. For those who still downplay softball, go find a pitcher and try to hit her, then lay down a bunt and see if u make it. Girls are good, and from my experience, girls have more fun, just as competitive, and are more coachable. Loving what I'm seeing.

Mar 9, 2021, 10:00 AM

I''ll be the one that said I told you so. From the inception I said I couldn't wait for softball and also they would be competitive from the outset. For those who still downplay softball, go find a pitcher and try to hit her, then lay down a bunt and see if u make it. Girls are good, and from my experience, girls have more fun, just as competitive, and are more coachable. Loving what I'm seeing.

Mar 9, 2021, 11:02 AM

From a fan perspective softball is more fan friendly than baseball. The games moves faster, the game is over in two hours and every seat is great plus the players have a ton of enthusiasm. The pace and length of a baseball game makes it almost unwatchable for me

Same here. Baseball = snoozefest.

Mar 9, 2021, 3:02 PM

Softball is much more exciting to watch.

speaking of which - next softball game is

Mar 9, 2021, 3:49 PM

friday against furman. go girls!!
go tigers!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic