Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson baseball thoughts.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Clemson baseball thoughts.

Apr 8, 2021, 12:01 PM

I think Clemson can come close to 30 wins. 28 at the worse. I like Clemson chances with Hoffman and Askew starting in the weekend rotation. Our hitting shows it can be hot at times. Capable of a couple home runs a game continue to do well in Acc play and I think this Clemson team makes a regional. The next step for monte though for me as a fan. Got to actually win a regional and advance to a super regional. If Clemson gets a good draw it’s entirely possible to do that. I’m not part of the fire monte crowd but if Clemson can’t win a regional this season montes seat will probably be getting warm next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson baseball thoughts.

Apr 8, 2021, 12:40 PM

It needs to be on fire! Has done nothing IMO lost 4 home regionals and a coot!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2021, 11:14 PM

Not a fire Monte either. Yet. I want to see how these last 2 classes develop. The only gripe I have against Monte is hitters look at strike 3 way too much. I know they teach and work on the b hack approach with 2 strikes... Picking up on ball rotation etc, all the right things but is it working? Not really from what I see.

The second thing is his recruiting. Been discussed ad nassium about money, schollys etc but the bottom line is other schools in our same financial disadvantage are getting top 100 players to come to college and play. Clemson should be able to attrack and have top 10 classes instead of top 30. Jmho

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2021, 1:34 PM

Yep CML is a decent baseball coach and a likable guy. His big problem is he can’t get those sure fire elite players like Jack could .
That’s the big difference in a top 10 team and a team that’s in and out the polls .
We are no match for the good teams in the post season and go away so quietly.

I thought Jack should have retired, then he could have

Apr 10, 2021, 11:18 PM

Helped Monte in recruiting. I guess he thought more of himself than Clemson

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2021, 8:19 AM

Yesterday, I watched about 3 innings of the Ole Miss/Arkansas series. 2 of the premier baseball programs in America. And folks, we ain’t even close. Ole Miss had a packed house with more environment than a S. Carolina football game, and players to match.

Monte Lee is a coach who can beat bad programs but will always get shown up by the Top 25 programs. His program is extremely undisciplined, and it shows in the dugout/base paths/ field/ and plate.

We are a long ways from where we were 20 years ago

Ole Miss isn't a college baseball powerhouse...

Apr 11, 2021, 8:27 AM

not even close.
More environment than a South Carolina football game? You could see the doo-doo ice and parking lot sex on TV?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic