Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball happenings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,772

Baseball happenings

Mar 24, 2021, 8:55 PM

Our boy Seth Beer has progressed to the Amarillo Sod Poodles. I don’t know how far away from the big time that is but it doesn’t sound like the golden boy is going to make it. I was hoping to see him in the Astros lineup before now. Another wasted talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is his manager! He’ll be a major leaguer...

Mar 24, 2021, 9:10 PM

In no time now!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggy6WGUFaYs

~JKB

Re: Baseball happenings

Mar 24, 2021, 9:26 PM

This makes my heart hurt. I really thought he and Chris Okey had a good chance of making it. Hard to know where everyone really stands after completely shutting down for a year. Pretty unprecedented. They both made $2 million or more on signing bonus so I guess they’ll probably be okay but was really looking forward to pulling for them one day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2021, 11:58 PM

He has not been with the Astros for a while now so you are not going to see him in their uniform. He is with the Diamondbacks and I would not be surprised to see him in the majors sometime this year or next.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2021, 7:49 AM

Yeah, Seth was a great Clemson player. I always had my doubts in the NL. He might be better served if he was traded to the AL where he could DH.

He was never that good in the outfield or at first base. Didn't have a lot of basespeed and running ability. He's an average at best outfielder. Even at Clemson, his arm strength was always a hindrance. It also hurt him tremendously that he never learned to beat the shift and hit very few ground ball singles.

Darn shame you can't take Seth and Teo, shake em up like a paint can. You'd have one of the most sought after player in baseball...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2021, 11:37 AM

I’m told that Beer spent most of the time during the virus epidemic trying to improve as a first baseman. That will really help if he can do that because he had no chance as an outfielder. Beer is getting close to thirty years old so he needs to get it going right now!!!

Mar 25, 2021, 12:14 PM

He is 24 years old.

Mar 26, 2021, 3:05 PM

30 is the new 24...

Mar 25, 2021, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball happenings ]

Also the Sod Poodles (who have a great logo by the way) are a AA affiliate of the Diamondbacks.

It's not exactly where he wanted to be placed I'm sure but it's not like they have relegated him to single A ball and he is on the way out.

He was 3 for 12 this year in big league spring training with a stolen base. It's good to see he got an invite to be with the mlb team because that means they still have hope for him.

Hopefully he starts to get comfortable with the Diamondbacks organization this season and starts to make his way up a little bit.

Mar 25, 2021, 9:44 PM

That's good to hear he's working his craft at first base. Don't get me wrong TigersO. I was cutting on Seth. Of course I'm pulling for him and in no way meant to imply I wasn't.

At least he was smart and went to college. Just stating facts on how special, and a little lucky to get called up... With the thousands that have aspirations. A lot like golf. Tons of great golfers but few ever win a tournament. ?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I already know I'll hate myself for this, but what is a Sod

Mar 25, 2021, 6:07 PM

Poodle?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I already know I'll hate myself for this, but what is a Sod

Mar 25, 2021, 6:29 PM

A prairie dog. I didn't know that, but the name was so striking I looked it up. I kind of like it.

It is kind of Unik sounding, all right.

Mar 26, 2021, 1:34 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw that he was on top of D-Back's "breakout" player list

Mar 26, 2021, 2:41 PM

for 2021. The article was on some site that I can't find anymore, but to be honest, it was a mediocre review on him. I hope that he can find a DH spot and still find a successful career as he is young.

Mar 26, 2021, 3:10 PM

Our boy Seth Beer has progressed to the Amarillo Sod Poodles. I don’t know how far away from the big time that is but it doesn’t sound like the golden boy is going to make it. I was hoping to see him in the Astros lineup before now. Another wasted talent.

There's a lot wrong with this post. First, Beer is in the DBacks organization, not Houston. Second, he was with the big league spring training, which ought to give you some indication of his standing in the organization. And third, Amarillo is a double-A team. It's not like he was relegated down to rookie ball or something.

I see later in the chain you said he's nearly 30 (he's not).

Also, take a look at his most recent year of ball. He slashed .289/.388/.516. That's good stuff.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,772
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic