TigerNet is the oldest and largest Clemson Community online with 151,502 members, 56,959 news articles and 28M forum posts.
|Ht./Wt.:||5'10", 205 lbs|
|High School:||Lake Highland (transferred from Fordham)|
|Years:||2019 - 2020|
B I O
Honors and Awards
- 2018-19 Atlantic 10 All-Rookie Team
- 2018-19 Metropolitan Basketball Writers Association (MBWA) Rookie of the Year
- Sat out the season due to NCAA transfer eligibility rules and is immediately eligible with three years remaining beginning with the 2020-21 campaign.
- Ran point guard on Clemson’s scout team during 2019-20.
2018-19 (at Fordham)
- Started all 32 games
- Led the team with 15.3 points per game (489 total points) in 36.1 minutes per contest (1,155 minutes)
- Averaged 3.0 assists, 2.4 rebounds and 0.9 steals per game
- Shot 37.3 percent from the floor, 33.2 percent from distance and 81.6 percent from the charity stripe
- Finished freshman season with 95 assists and 28 steals
- Collected a 1.76 assist/turnover ratio
- Netted 20+ points on five occasions
- 70 made 3-pointers last season is good for 14th all-time in a single season in Fordham history
- Became the first Ram to earn A-10 All-Rookie honors since 2016 and just the 11th in program history to do so
- Finished the season as the highest scoring freshman in the league and 14th-highest in all of NCAA Division I
Best Games, 2018-19 (at Fordham)
- Scored in double-figures in all but four contests (28-of-32 games)
- Scored 18 points (8-for-16 FG) in first collegiate game and start against The City College of New York (CCNY) (Nov. 6)
- First 20-point outing came against FIU with 28 points on 9-for-16 shooting from the field, 3-for-7 from long range and a perfect 7-for-7 from the foul line (Nov. 16)
- Netted a season-high 30 points against Rutgers (Dec. 8)
- Finished the game 10-for-17 from the field (season-high in field goals made) and shot 5-for-7 from 3-point range
- Connected on a season-high six 3-pointers in a 23-point outing against St. Bonaventure (Jan. 12)
- Scored 18 points and tallied a season-high six assists at UMass (Feb. 6).
- Graduated from Lake Highland Prep in Orlando, Florida
- Lettered in basketball
- Named the 5A Player of the Year in 2018
- Named first-team all-area
- Averaged 19.6 points per game and made 85.0 percent of his free throws as a senior
- Scored over 2,000 points in his high school career
- Helped the Highlanders to a 15-win season in 2016-17, averaging 21.3 points, 3.0 assists, while shooting 36.0% from behind the arc – making 85 three-pointers
- Earned third-team All-Central Florida honors by the Orlando Times-Sentinel as a junior
- Played with Each 1 Teach 1 United team in the summer of 2016, averaging 12.0 points and 4.6 assists per game, helping the team to earn a spot in the Peach Jam EYBL Championships where it went a perfect 5-0
- Played for the team as a sophomore and averaged 11.0 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.2 steals per game on 35.6 percent from three.
- Born October 8, 2000 (turned 20 prior to 2020-21 season)
- Son of Carlene and Al Honor.
- Has two older sisters (Brittany and Brandie).
- Majoring in Communications.
*Courtesy Clemson Media Guide
Latest Nick Honor News
- Receiving your 8,000th TU early on a Saturday morning is a -
- If you have YouTube tv you can’t watch the game today -
- Time to check the weather to see if we’re playing baseball today... -
- PRACTICE -
- How big of seat Nazi's are they at basketball for families? -
- Clemson tennis falls to No. 1 UNC -
- Tigers Produce Historic Marks on Day Two of ACC's -
- Hill Watch...189 days!!! (27 weeks!) -
- big day today... -
- Looks like PJ still might quarantined... -
- TNET: Yellow Jerseys Everywhere: Tigers have plenty of walking wounded this spring -
- Anyone noticed that you can't give TU's to the same person -
- BRENT VENABLES FINALLY SPEAKING OUT... -
- Here's Hoping -
- Has Brent venables been available to the media -
- Click the link below to read more!