|Ht./Wt.:||6-3, 220 lbs|
|High School:||Newberry College|
|Years:||2019 - 2020|
Eligible in 2020 after sitting out in 2019 … will compete for innings out of the bullpen.
2019: Sat out due to NCAA transfer rules … played for High Point-Thomasville in the Coastal Plain League in the summer, where he was 1-3 with a 4.55 ERA and 35 strikeouts against eight walks in 29.2 innings pitched over eight starts; Coastal Plain League All-Star Game selection.
Before Clemson: Played two seasons at Newberry, where he was coached by former Tigers Russell Triplett (head coach) and P.J. Zocchi (assistant coach) … was 2-7 with a 5.61 ERA and 44 strikeouts against 16 walks in 67.1 innings pitched over 13 appearances (12 starts) in 2018 … was 5-3 with a 4.63 ERA and 49 strikeouts against 12 walks in 68.0 innings pitched over 14 appearances (12 starts) in 2017 … North-South All-Star Game selection … all-state and all-region as a sophomore and senior … region player-of-the-year as a senior … member of the region championship team as a senior … lettered four times in baseball and four times in football at Chapin High School, where he was coached by Scott McLeod.
Personal: Majoring in biological sciences … born Evan Wilson Estridge on Feb. 27, 1998 in LaGrange, Ga.
• Favorite hobby – Hanging out with friends and family on the lake
• Interesting facts about family/parents – All of his brother’s major internal organs are on the opposite side of his body
• One fact that most people don’t know – Has seen every Harry Potter movie at least five times
• Favorite food or candy – Pancakes
• Proudest childhood accomplishment – Was the first person to ever hit a home run in the Chapin ages 9-10 league
• Ideal vacation spot – Santorini, Greece
• Childhood hero – Chipper Jones
• One person, living or dead, to eat dinner with – His great-grandfather, who served in World War II
*Courtesy Clemson Media Guide
Loading the player...