|Ht./Wt.:||6-2, 210 lbs|
|High School:||Ninety Six HS|
|Years:||2019 - 2020|
Power-hitting sophomore who emerged late in the 2019 season to become a starter.
2019: Hit .175 with 10 runs, three homers, 10 RBIs, a .366 on-base percentage, 18 walks and a hit-by-pitch in 30 games (17 starts, including nine in left field and eight as the DH) … started the season 0-for-24, but was 11-for-39 (.282) with three homers, 10 RBIs and a .417 on-base percentage in the last 12 games (11 starts)… hit a pinch-hit, run-scoring single against Gardner-Webb on May 4; was his first career hit … went 2-for-5 with his first career homer, four RBIs and two runs against The Citadel on May 8 … hit a homer at No. 16 NC State on May 10 … went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a walk at No. 16 NC State on May 11 … went 1-for-3 with a two-run homer and walk against Wake Forest on May 18 … No. 123 freshman in the ACC in the preseason by Perfect Game … played for Wilmington in the Coastal Plain League in the summer, where he hit .262 with two doubles, four homers, 25 RBIs, 17 runs and eight steals in 37 games.
Before Clemson: North-South All-Star Game selection … three-time all-state and four-time all-region … team MVP as a junior and senior … member of the state championship team as a freshman … member of the region championship team as a freshman, sophomore and senior … lettered four times in baseball and two times in football at Ninety Six High School, where he was coached by Chad Ellis.
Personal: His father, Clint, played baseball at Western Carolina from 1986-89 under former Clemson Head Coach Jack Leggett … his uncle, Burke, played baseball at Clemson from 1985-88; hit .291 in 121 career games … his grandfather, Jim, played six MLB seasons with the Los Angeles Dodgers (1968,73) and Montreal Expos (1969-72) … majoring in parks, recreation & tourism management … born Charles Burke Fairey on Feb. 20, 2000 in Greenwood, S.C.
• Favorite hobbies – Going to the lake, hanging out with friends, hunting and fishing
• Interesting fact about family/parents – His grandfather played baseball for the Expos and Dodgers
• One fact that most people don’t know – Has been to over 20 states and five countries
• Favorite food or candy – Escargot
• Proudest childhood accomplishment – Saved eight puppies and found them all homes when he was 15
• Ideal vacation spot – Any beach with good weather and a breeze
• Childhood hero – His father
• One person, living or dead, to eat dinner with – Plato
*Courtesy Clemson Media Guide
Loading the player...