• Clemson and Virginia Tech have played 24 times, with the Hokies holding a 13-11 edge in the series. The teams have split the past two meetings since Brad BrownellBrad Brownell Head Coach View Full Profile took over as Clemson’s coach. Virginia Tech won earlier this season in Blacksburg, 67-65.
• Thursday’s game will be the sixth on either Clemson or Virginia Tech’s Senior Night since the Hokies joined the league in 2004-05. Clemson has won all five meetings in that scenario.
• Clemson has won over 70 percent of its home Senior Night games over its history, including each of its last seven games.
• Clemson has won four of its past five ACC games to even its conference record at 7-7. It is the first time the Tigers have been .500 in ACC play since moving to 3-3 after a win over Wake Forest on Jan. 28.
• Senior leaders Tanner Smith and Andre Young led the Tigers to an overtime win over NC State in Clemson’s last game. Smith’s two free throws with 4.1 seconds left in regulation sent the game to overtime, and Young hit a pair of threes in the final 75 seconds to lift the Tigers to the 72-69 win.
• Smith has led the Tigers in assists in each of the last six games and in 19 of the 28 games this season (68 percent of games).
• Young 0-for-5 from three-point range last Saturday against NC State before burying his final two to erase a three-point deficit in overtime.
• Senior forward Bryan Narcisse will play in his 100th career game Thursday.
• Milton JenningsMilton Jennings Jr. Forward #24 6-9, 225 Summerville, SC View Full Profile has made at least one three in six straight games, shooting 45 percent from long range in that stretch.
• Freshman guard T.J. SappT.J. Sapp Fr. Guard #1 6-3, 190 Fort Lauderdale, FL View Full Profile scored seven points Saturday against NC State, which equaled his total over the nine games prior to the win over the Wolfpack.
• Thursday’s honorary captain will be Ricky Jones, a member of the 1989-90 regular season ACC championship team. Jones played in Clemson’s first-ever alumni game last weekend.
Mistakes doom Tigers in home loss to Winthrop - 5 days ago Brad Brownell’s team turned the ball over 16 times and made just 24-of-39 free throws – a 59 percent clip – while Winthrop only had six turnovers and shot 80-percent from the charity stripe. The Tigers also hit just 3-of-13 from 3-point range, while Winthrop was 9-of-23 from long range in the Eagles' 77-74 win at Littlejohn Monday night. Full Story »
Brownell previews season, challenges fans - 2 months ago Head basketball coach Brad Brownell met with the media Wednesday during his annual media golf outing, and he previewed the 2014-15 season, talked about the freshmen and challenged Clemson fans to show up in December like they did during Clemson's NIT run last season. Full Story »
Four-star PG details reasons for his commitment - 2 months ago Four-star PG Ty Hudson gave his verbal to the Clemson coaches last night during an official visit with his family. Why did he choose to commit? What did his family think of the visit? What does he say about Clemson's future? Full Story »