• Clemson and Virginia Tech have played 24 times, with the Hokies holding a 13-11 edge in the series. The teams have split the past two meetings since Brad BrownellBrad Brownell Head Coach View Full Profile took over as Clemson’s coach. Virginia Tech won earlier this season in Blacksburg, 67-65.
• Thursday’s game will be the sixth on either Clemson or Virginia Tech’s Senior Night since the Hokies joined the league in 2004-05. Clemson has won all five meetings in that scenario.
• Clemson has won over 70 percent of its home Senior Night games over its history, including each of its last seven games.
• Clemson has won four of its past five ACC games to even its conference record at 7-7. It is the first time the Tigers have been .500 in ACC play since moving to 3-3 after a win over Wake Forest on Jan. 28.
• Senior leaders Tanner Smith and Andre Young led the Tigers to an overtime win over NC State in Clemson’s last game. Smith’s two free throws with 4.1 seconds left in regulation sent the game to overtime, and Young hit a pair of threes in the final 75 seconds to lift the Tigers to the 72-69 win.
• Smith has led the Tigers in assists in each of the last six games and in 19 of the 28 games this season (68 percent of games).
• Young 0-for-5 from three-point range last Saturday against NC State before burying his final two to erase a three-point deficit in overtime.
• Senior forward Bryan Narcisse will play in his 100th career game Thursday.
• Milton JenningsMilton Jennings Jr. Forward #24 6-9, 225 Summerville, SC View Full Profile has made at least one three in six straight games, shooting 45 percent from long range in that stretch.
• Freshman guard T.J. SappT.J. Sapp Fr. Guard #1 6-3, 190 Fort Lauderdale, FL View Full Profile scored seven points Saturday against NC State, which equaled his total over the nine games prior to the win over the Wolfpack.
• Thursday’s honorary captain will be Ricky Jones, a member of the 1989-90 regular season ACC championship team. Jones played in Clemson’s first-ever alumni game last weekend.
McDaniels makes his decision, announcement soon - 2 weeks ago Clemson standout junior K.J. McDaniels has made his decision on whether to turn pro or return for his senior season, and an announcement could come later this week, according to his mother. What does she say about the decision? Photo by Josh Kelly-USA TODAY SportsFull Story »
The future is bright for Clemson basketball - 3 weeks ago The pain of Clemson's loss to SMU late Tuesday night still resonates, but the truth is that Brad Brownell's team far exceeded expectations this season, and there are reasons to believe next year could be even better. (Joshua S. Kelly-USA TODAY Sports)Full Story »