|Brownell, players preview senior night matchup with VT||Tweet|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:57 PM||
Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012
City: Clemson, SC
Time: 9:05 PM
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Pete Yanity - play-by-play, Tim Bourret - color)
TV: ACC Network (Bob Rathbun - play-by-play, Mike Gminski - color)
Overall: Virginia Tech leads 13-11
at Clemson: Clemson leads 6-5
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 6-2
at Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech leads 8-5
at Neutral: None played
First Meeting: Virginia Tech, 27-13, in 1924-25
Last Meeting: Virginia Tech, 67-65, in 2011-12
Streak: Virginia Tech won the last meeting
• Clemson and Virginia Tech have played 24 times, with the Hokies holding a 13-11 edge in the series. The teams have split the past two meetings since Brad BrownellBrad Brownell
View Full Profile took over as Clemson’s coach. Virginia Tech won earlier this season in Blacksburg, 67-65.
• Thursday’s game will be the sixth on either Clemson or Virginia Tech’s Senior Night since the Hokies joined the league in 2004-05. Clemson has won all five meetings in that scenario.
• Clemson has won over 70 percent of its home Senior Night games over its history, including each of its last seven games.
• The Tigers’ 2012 senior class has advanced to three NCAA Tournaments, won 81 games, and produced Clemson graduates in Bryan NarcisseBryan Narcisse
#21 6-6, 220
North Augusta, SC
View Full Profile and Tanner SmithTanner Smith
#5 6-5, 210
View Full Profile. The other two seniors, Catalin BaciuCatalin Baciu
#10 7-2, 255
View Full Profile and Andre YoungAndre Young
#11 5-9, 175
View Full Profile, are on pace to earn their degrees in May.
• Clemson has won four of its past five ACC games to even its conference record at 7-7. It is the first time the Tigers have been .500 in ACC play since moving to 3-3 after a win over Wake Forest on Jan. 28.
• Senior leaders Tanner Smith and Andre Young led the Tigers to an overtime win over NC State in Clemson’s last game. Smith’s two free throws with 4.1 seconds left in regulation sent the game to overtime, and Young hit a pair of threes in the final 75 seconds to lift the Tigers to the 72-69 win.
• Smith has led the Tigers in assists in each of the last six games and in 19 of the 28 games this season (68 percent of games).
• Young 0-for-5 from three-point range last Saturday against NC State before burying his final two to erase a three-point deficit in overtime.
• Senior forward Bryan Narcisse will play in his 100th career game Thursday.
• Milton JenningsMilton Jennings
#24 6-9, 225
View Full Profile has made at least one three in six straight games, shooting 45 percent from long range in that stretch.
• Freshman guard T.J. SappT.J. Sapp
#1 6-3, 190
Fort Lauderdale, FL
View Full Profile scored seven points Saturday against NC State, which equaled his total over the nine games prior to the win over the Wolfpack.
• Thursday’s honorary captain will be Ricky Jones, a member of the 1989-90 regular season ACC championship team. Jones played in Clemson’s first-ever alumni game last weekend.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at email@example.com||
Post your comments