|North Carolina LB keeping options open|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:42 PM||
LaChaston Smith - OLB
Height: 6-1 Weight: 215 Hometown: Statesville, NC (South Iredell HS) Class: 2013
|NR||#27 OLB||#38 MLB||#24 OLB, #12, 89 Grade|
From Statesville Record:
With recruiting all but closed on two of the three star football players in Iredell County, one is still keeping his options open. South Iredell linebacker LaChaston Smith LaChaston Smith
View Full Profile, unlike Statesville’s Carlis Parker Carlis Parker
View Full Profile (Virginia Tech) and Tristan Mumford Tristan Mumford
View Full Profile (East Carolina), has not made a decision on where he will play college football.
“He will eventually decide,” Vikings head coach Scott Miller said. “He is not in a rush to make a commitment.
“Whenever it feels right, that is when he will decide.”
Smith recently picked up his sixth scholarship offer, this one from Georgia State.
As a junior, he had 82 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, and two interceptions. As a sophomore, he had 99 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, and 7 interceptions. He took an unofficial visit to Death Valley for the Clemson-North Carolina game in 2011. He took an unofficial visit to Clemson for Elite Junior Day in Jan. 2012. His three favorite schools growing up were South Carolina, Clemson, and Florida.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- 4-star DE commits to Clemson
- Feaster tweets about his Clemson commitment
- Elite QB to announce on Monday, Clemson in final group
- Clemson in top group for Keyshawn Johnson Jr.
- Clemson DE target almost commits to Florida
- Clemson OT target commits to Ole Miss
- Clemson offers 4-star RB
- Jake Venables gets his second offer
- Clemson DT target sets announcement date, Tigers in final four
- WATCH: Will Xavier Kelly Land at Clemson