|ESPN: ACC considers N.Y. for tournament|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, February 1, 2013 4:40 PM||
Because of the Atlantic Coast Conference's increased Northeastern footprint, the ACC is interested in holding a future men's basketball tournament in New York, an ACC school official told ESPN.
The deadline to bid for the 2016-21 ACC tournaments was in September and New York's Madison Square Garden and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn did not submit a bid.
However, because of the league's changing membership, the ACC is now considering other options for future tournament sites, the source said.
Besides New York, other cities being considered to host the 2016-21 ACC tournaments are Atlanta (Philips Arena), Charlotte, Greensboro, N.C.; Tampa, Fla.; and Washington D.C.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Vic Beasley impressive on the Bench Press
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach