|ESPN: ACC considers N.Y. for tournament|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, February 1, 2013 4:40 PM||
Because of the Atlantic Coast Conference's increased Northeastern footprint, the ACC is interested in holding a future men's basketball tournament in New York, an ACC school official told ESPN.
The deadline to bid for the 2016-21 ACC tournaments was in September and New York's Madison Square Garden and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn did not submit a bid.
However, because of the league's changing membership, the ACC is now considering other options for future tournament sites, the source said.
Besides New York, other cities being considered to host the 2016-21 ACC tournaments are Atlanta (Philips Arena), Charlotte, Greensboro, N.C.; Tampa, Fla.; and Washington D.C.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement