|ESPN: ACC considers N.Y. for tournament|
|Friday, February 1, 2013 4:40 PM-||
Because of the Atlantic Coast Conference's increased Northeastern footprint, the ACC is interested in holding a future men's basketball tournament in New York, an ACC school official told ESPN.
The deadline to bid for the 2016-21 ACC tournaments was in September and New York's Madison Square Garden and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn did not submit a bid.
However, because of the league's changing membership, the ACC is now considering other options for future tournament sites, the source said.
Besides New York, other cities being considered to host the 2016-21 ACC tournaments are Atlanta (Philips Arena), Charlotte, Greensboro, N.C.; Tampa, Fla.; and Washington D.C.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Photo: SC uniforms for Clemson game
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner