|ESPN: ACC considers N.Y. for tournament|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, February 1, 2013 4:40 PM||
Because of the Atlantic Coast Conference's increased Northeastern footprint, the ACC is interested in holding a future men's basketball tournament in New York, an ACC school official told ESPN.
The deadline to bid for the 2016-21 ACC tournaments was in September and New York's Madison Square Garden and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn did not submit a bid.
However, because of the league's changing membership, the ACC is now considering other options for future tournament sites, the source said.
Besides New York, other cities being considered to host the 2016-21 ACC tournaments are Atlanta (Philips Arena), Charlotte, Greensboro, N.C.; Tampa, Fla.; and Washington D.C.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released