|Clemson self-reports violations in track and field program|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, January 28, 2013 4:08 PM||
CLEMSON, SC - Dan Radakovich, the Director of Athletics at Clemson University, announced today that Clemson University submitted a letter on January 25, 2013 to the Managing Director of Enforcement at the NCAA self reporting violations as it pertains to actions within the men’s and women’s track and field program. The letter identified a summary of violations, along with the prescribed penalty and corrective measures taken by the institution.
Upon learning of alleged inappropriate conduct and potential violations of NCAA legislation within the men’s and women’s track and field program in late September 2012, Clemson University immediately contracted the services of a third party to conduct an independent review into the program.
At this time and to protect the integrity of any case under review by the NCAA, representatives of Clemson University will not be available for comment regarding this issue until a complete resolution through the normal NCAA process has taken place.
Clemson University Athletics Department accepted the resignation of Lawrence Johnson as its Director of Men’s and Women’s Track and Field on January 8, 2013
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- Mac Lain says Wilkins is "just amazing"