|Clemson self-reports violations in track and field program|
|Monday, January 28, 2013 4:08 PM-||
CLEMSON, SC - Dan Radakovich, the Director of Athletics at Clemson University, announced today that Clemson University submitted a letter on January 25, 2013 to the Managing Director of Enforcement at the NCAA self reporting violations as it pertains to actions within the men’s and women’s track and field program. The letter identified a summary of violations, along with the prescribed penalty and corrective measures taken by the institution.
Upon learning of alleged inappropriate conduct and potential violations of NCAA legislation within the men’s and women’s track and field program in late September 2012, Clemson University immediately contracted the services of a third party to conduct an independent review into the program.
At this time and to protect the integrity of any case under review by the NCAA, representatives of Clemson University will not be available for comment regarding this issue until a complete resolution through the normal NCAA process has taken place.
Clemson University Athletics Department accepted the resignation of Lawrence Johnson as its Director of Men’s and Women’s Track and Field on January 8, 2013
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll