|Clemson self-reports violations in track and field program|
|Monday, January 28, 2013 4:08 PM-||
CLEMSON, SC - Dan Radakovich, the Director of Athletics at Clemson University, announced today that Clemson University submitted a letter on January 25, 2013 to the Managing Director of Enforcement at the NCAA self reporting violations as it pertains to actions within the men’s and women’s track and field program. The letter identified a summary of violations, along with the prescribed penalty and corrective measures taken by the institution.
Upon learning of alleged inappropriate conduct and potential violations of NCAA legislation within the men’s and women’s track and field program in late September 2012, Clemson University immediately contracted the services of a third party to conduct an independent review into the program.
At this time and to protect the integrity of any case under review by the NCAA, representatives of Clemson University will not be available for comment regarding this issue until a complete resolution through the normal NCAA process has taken place.
Clemson University Athletics Department accepted the resignation of Lawrence Johnson as its Director of Men’s and Women’s Track and Field on January 8, 2013
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Photo: Clemson's new Nike Mach Speed Uniforms
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016