|Tyler Colvin signs 1-year contract|
|Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:32 AM-||
Former Clemson star, Tyler Colvin avoided arbitration over the weekend by signing a one-year contract with the Colorado Rockies.
A season ago, Colvin hit .290, belted 18 home runs and drove in 72 runs. He earned $481,000.
This year, Colvin will be paid $2,275,000. That’s a hefty 472 percent pay increase.
The Rockies are hoping Colvin can continue his development, as 2012 was a breakout year for the 27-year-old outfielder. On the season, Colvin posted career highs in almost every statistical category, including games played (136), at-bats (420), hits (122), batting average (.290), slugging percentage (.531), runs scored (62), doubles (27), triples (10) and RBI (72).
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll