|Tyler Colvin signs 1-year contract|
|Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:32 AM-||
Former Clemson star, Tyler Colvin avoided arbitration over the weekend by signing a one-year contract with the Colorado Rockies.
A season ago, Colvin hit .290, belted 18 home runs and drove in 72 runs. He earned $481,000.
This year, Colvin will be paid $2,275,000. That’s a hefty 472 percent pay increase.
The Rockies are hoping Colvin can continue his development, as 2012 was a breakout year for the 27-year-old outfielder. On the season, Colvin posted career highs in almost every statistical category, including games played (136), at-bats (420), hits (122), batting average (.290), slugging percentage (.531), runs scored (62), doubles (27), triples (10) and RBI (72).
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker