|Tyler Colvin signs 1-year contract|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:32 AM||
Former Clemson star, Tyler Colvin avoided arbitration over the weekend by signing a one-year contract with the Colorado Rockies.
A season ago, Colvin hit .290, belted 18 home runs and drove in 72 runs. He earned $481,000.
This year, Colvin will be paid $2,275,000. That’s a hefty 472 percent pay increase.
The Rockies are hoping Colvin can continue his development, as 2012 was a breakout year for the 27-year-old outfielder. On the season, Colvin posted career highs in almost every statistical category, including games played (136), at-bats (420), hits (122), batting average (.290), slugging percentage (.531), runs scored (62), doubles (27), triples (10) and RBI (72).
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels
- Howard's Rock ranked #3 CFB Tradition