|Clemson vs. NC State postgame notes|
|Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:39 PM-||
Clemson vs. NC State postgame notes
• Clemson held NC State to 66 points in Sunday’s game, 13 below its season average and 20 below its average at home entering the contest.
• NC State shot 45 percent for the game and won its first game of the season in which it did not shoot at least 50 percent as a team.
• Clemson committed just six turnovers in the game, its lowest figure since producing only five against Purdue on Nov. 28; ironically, two of the miscues occurred in the final 10 seconds of the game.
• Clemson held NC State leading scorer C.J. Leslie to just six points, 10 below his average, and to single digits for just the second time this season.
• The Tigers shot over 70 percent at the free throw line for a third straight game, the first time that has happened this season.
• Devin BookerDevin Booker
#31 6-8, 250
View Full Profile posted a career-high 27 points, the most by a Tiger player since Andre YoungAndre Young
#11 5-9, 175
View Full Profile scored 29 last season against Georgia Tech at home.
• Booker made 13 field goals, the most by a Clemson player since K.C. Rivers also made 13 in a win over Liberty in the 2008-09 season.
• Booker’s older brother, Trevor, never made 13 field goals in a game for Clemson. Trevor’s high total was 12 in a win over Furman in the 2009-10 season.
• Booker now needs just 31 to become the 36th player in Clemson history with at least 1,000 career points.
• Booker had six rebounds in the game at NC State and tied Ray Henderson for 17th place on Clemson’s career rebound list with 633.
• Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile scored a season-high 16 points, including 12 after halftime. Hall’s previous high was 15 in another road game, a win over South Carolina in December.
• Hall made seven field goals, a personal high for the sophomore guard; his previous best had been five in a win over Southern Illinois in 2011.
• Milton JenningsMilton Jennings
#24 6-9, 225
View Full Profile was 3-for-5 from three in the second half of Sunday’s game to give him a team-high 27 makes on the season; his previous high for a season was 24 as a sophomore in 2010-11.
• Jennings went over 500 career rebounds in the game after grabbing a team-high eight boards vs. NC State.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama