|President Barker to have Triple Bypass Surgery|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:56 PM||
Here is the email that Clemson students and professors received around 5PM EST:
During a medical check-up this week, I became aware of a situation that will require immediate attention. Tomorrow morning, I will have triple bypass surgery at Greenville Memorial Hospital in order to treat blockages that were discovered during a heart catheterization today. This will require a hospital stay of five to seven days with visitation limited to family, and I anticipate a medical leave for recovery. I am delegating the responsibilities of office to Provost Dori Helms until the Board of Trustees can convene tomorrow and take any appropriate further actions.
I have every confidence of a complete recovery for several reasons. First, I am being treated by Clemson doctors and nurses. Second, I am in good health overall. Third, I have full confidence in the administrative team at Clemson to keep projects and priorities moving forward without a hitch. The Board of Trustees has been notified and has pledged their full support as well.
Be assured that I will keep you informed as I learn more from my doctors.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- TBT: William Perry on David Letterman Show
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies