|President Barker to have Triple Bypass Surgery|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:56 PM||
Here is the email that Clemson students and professors received around 5PM EST:
During a medical check-up this week, I became aware of a situation that will require immediate attention. Tomorrow morning, I will have triple bypass surgery at Greenville Memorial Hospital in order to treat blockages that were discovered during a heart catheterization today. This will require a hospital stay of five to seven days with visitation limited to family, and I anticipate a medical leave for recovery. I am delegating the responsibilities of office to Provost Dori Helms until the Board of Trustees can convene tomorrow and take any appropriate further actions.
I have every confidence of a complete recovery for several reasons. First, I am being treated by Clemson doctors and nurses. Second, I am in good health overall. Third, I have full confidence in the administrative team at Clemson to keep projects and priorities moving forward without a hitch. The Board of Trustees has been notified and has pledged their full support as well.
Be assured that I will keep you informed as I learn more from my doctors.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin