|President Barker to have Triple Bypass Surgery|
|Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:56 PM-||
Here is the email that Clemson students and professors received around 5PM EST:
During a medical check-up this week, I became aware of a situation that will require immediate attention. Tomorrow morning, I will have triple bypass surgery at Greenville Memorial Hospital in order to treat blockages that were discovered during a heart catheterization today. This will require a hospital stay of five to seven days with visitation limited to family, and I anticipate a medical leave for recovery. I am delegating the responsibilities of office to Provost Dori Helms until the Board of Trustees can convene tomorrow and take any appropriate further actions.
I have every confidence of a complete recovery for several reasons. First, I am being treated by Clemson doctors and nurses. Second, I am in good health overall. Third, I have full confidence in the administrative team at Clemson to keep projects and priorities moving forward without a hitch. The Board of Trustees has been notified and has pledged their full support as well.
Be assured that I will keep you informed as I learn more from my doctors.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Orange Bowl gifts arrive for Clemson