|President Barker to have Triple Bypass Surgery|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:56 PM||
Here is the email that Clemson students and professors received around 5PM EST:
During a medical check-up this week, I became aware of a situation that will require immediate attention. Tomorrow morning, I will have triple bypass surgery at Greenville Memorial Hospital in order to treat blockages that were discovered during a heart catheterization today. This will require a hospital stay of five to seven days with visitation limited to family, and I anticipate a medical leave for recovery. I am delegating the responsibilities of office to Provost Dori Helms until the Board of Trustees can convene tomorrow and take any appropriate further actions.
I have every confidence of a complete recovery for several reasons. First, I am being treated by Clemson doctors and nurses. Second, I am in good health overall. Third, I have full confidence in the administrative team at Clemson to keep projects and priorities moving forward without a hitch. The Board of Trustees has been notified and has pledged their full support as well.
Be assured that I will keep you informed as I learn more from my doctors.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels