|Q&A with Clemson's Sammy Watkins|
|Friday, March 15, 2013 5:17 PM-||
Q: Some people have mentioned you as a possible Heisman Trophy contender, is that something you think about?
SW: Man, honestly I don’t. I have so many awards that I got my freshman year, that I honestly don’t focus on that. I haven’t seen those awards yet since I got them. They are back home at my parent’s house up in a case, but I’m not focused on that. I’m more of a team goal-person, trying to win a championship, trying to win 12-games, trying to win the ACC … that’s the type of person that I am. It’s a good accomplishment that you win individual awards, but it’s a better experience with your team.
Q: How important is it to become a leader on this team?
SW: It’s big now because from my ninth to 10th grade, my freshman and sophomore years, I was a quiet guy. I just try to lead by example. Now, I have to take that role and speak up a little bit. Not speak as much, but when I have to speak … If I see a problem, I have to speak up and tell the guys, ‘Let’s go. Let’s pick it up, man. You’ve got to watch film’ and stuff like that. I wasn’t that guy, but now I have to be. I have to transition into that guy and become a better leader. That’s why last year, I was too quiet. I was too nonchalant, but now I have to step up and come out of my comfort zone.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits