|Q&A with Clemson's Sammy Watkins|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, March 15, 2013 5:17 PM||
Q: Some people have mentioned you as a possible Heisman Trophy contender, is that something you think about?
SW: Man, honestly I don’t. I have so many awards that I got my freshman year, that I honestly don’t focus on that. I haven’t seen those awards yet since I got them. They are back home at my parent’s house up in a case, but I’m not focused on that. I’m more of a team goal-person, trying to win a championship, trying to win 12-games, trying to win the ACC … that’s the type of person that I am. It’s a good accomplishment that you win individual awards, but it’s a better experience with your team.
Q: How important is it to become a leader on this team?
SW: It’s big now because from my ninth to 10th grade, my freshman and sophomore years, I was a quiet guy. I just try to lead by example. Now, I have to take that role and speak up a little bit. Not speak as much, but when I have to speak … If I see a problem, I have to speak up and tell the guys, ‘Let’s go. Let’s pick it up, man. You’ve got to watch film’ and stuff like that. I wasn’t that guy, but now I have to be. I have to transition into that guy and become a better leader. That’s why last year, I was too quiet. I was too nonchalant, but now I have to step up and come out of my comfort zone.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels
- Howard's Rock ranked #3 CFB Tradition