|Clemson game notes vs. Miami||Tweet|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:47 PM||
Site: BankUnited Center (7,200)
Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013
City: Coral Gables, FL
Time: 2:30 PM
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Pete Yanity - play-by-play; Tim Bourret - color)
TV: ACC Network (Tim Brant - play-by-play; Bobby Cremins - color)
Rankings: Miami - No. 6 AP, No. 7 USA Today
Overall: Clemson leads 11-8
at Clemson: Clemson leads 5-2
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 5-2
at Miami: Miami leads 4-3
at Neutral: Clemson leads 3-2
First Meeting: Clemson won, 98-96, in 1955-56
Last Meeting: Miami won, 45-43, on Feb. 17
Streak: Miami has won two straight
• Clemson and Miami face off Saturday for the second time this season and 20th time in the history of the series on Saturday at BankUnited Center. The Hurricanes won a slugfest on Feb. 17 at Littlejohn Coliseum, 45-43. Miami overcame a late four-point deficit within the final two minutes to claim the victory over the Tigers.
• Clemson holds an 11-8 advantage all-time in the series, but the Hurricanes lead 4-3 in games played in Miami. Clemson last won at Miami in 2010-11, Brad Brownell’s first season with the Tiger program.
• The Tigers have won twice at BankUnited Center since Miami first joined the ACC for the 2004-05 season. In the 2008-09 matchup, K.C. Rivers posted 28 points and Trevor BookerTrevor Booker
#35 6-7, 240
View Full Profile collected 16 rebounds to lead the Tigers to victory. In the 2010-11 win, guard Andre YoungAndre Young
#11 5-9, 175
View Full Profile scored 18 to lead the way.
• Clemson owns 11 wins over top-25 ACC teams on the road in its history. The last victory for the Tiger program came against 21st-ranked Virginia Tech in 2007. Clemson’s last win over a top-10 ACC team on the road was in 1995 against Duke in Rick Barnes’ first road game as head coach.
• The Tigers are seeking their first win over a ranked team in 2012-13. Clemson has a current streak of six consecutive seasons with at least one win over a ranked team.
• Clemson dropped its most recent game on Tuesday to Boston College. It was Senior Night at Littlejohn, and Clemson’s Devin BookerDevin Booker
#31 6-8, 250
View Full Profile and Milton JenningsMilton Jennings
#24 6-9, 225
View Full Profile played well in their final home game as Tigers. Booker led the way with 19 points, while Jennings added 18. The two combined for 15 rebounds and made 16-of-28 shots from the field.
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile, who has missed the previous three games with an ankle injury, was a limited participant in practice Thursday and is listed as questionable for Saturday.
• Damarcus HarrisonDamarcus Harrison
#21 6-4, 200
View Full Profile is coming off his first double-figure scoring performance since January. The sophomore posted 11 points and added a career-high tying eight rebounds in 29 minutes against Boston College.
• Freshman guard Jordan RoperJordan Roper
#20 5-11, 165
View Full Profile was named to the All-ACC Academic Team on Thursday, the 11th straight year Clemson has had at least one representative. Roper is tied for the team lead with 31 steals and second with 36 three-pointers.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Basketball Board - Chat about this article in TigerActive Chat|