|Position:||Assistant Coach / WRs / Recruiting Coordinator|
|Born:||December 28, 1980 in Arcadia, FL|
|As a Player:||Lettered 3 years as a WR and holder at Clemson (2000-02)|
|College:||Degree in secondary education from Clemson in 2003|
B I O
• Helped the Tigers to a top-25 AP ranking and the ACC Atlantic Division title in his first full season as an assistant coach in 2009. He mentored Jacoby Ford, a Second-Team All-ACC wide receiver who was an NFL draft pick by the Oakland Raiders.
• Took over as Clemson's recruiting coordinator in 2010 and the Tigers put together a top-20 signing class in his first season at the position. Clemson's class was ranked #19 by ESPN.com. Then in 2011, Clemson had a consensus top-10 recruiting class.
• Youngest member of Clemson's full-time staff at the age of 30. He became a full-time coach at Clemson on October 13, 2008.
• In the second half of the 2008 season, he coached Aaron Kelly, the ACC's all-time leading receiver.
• Son of former Clemson Associate Head Coach Brad Scott, therefore Jeff was a part of the first full-time, father-son coaching combination in Tiger football history.
• One of three Clemson graduates on the staff (Tony Elliott and Danny Pearman are the others).
• A member of three bowl teams as a player at Clemson from 2000-02. He played in the 2001 Gator Bowl, 2001 Humanitarian Bowl, and 2002 Tangerine Bowl.
• Noted for his ability as a runner in fake-field-goal situations. He also played wide receiver for the Tigers during that time.
• Had his first full-time college job at Presbyterian College in 2007 as wide receivers coach, then came to Clemson as a graduate assistant in 2008. He moved into full-time status when Head Coach Tommy Bowden resigned at midseason.
• Began his coaching career at Blythewood (SC) High School and won a state title in his first year and the program's first year. It is believed to be the first time that has happened in South Carolina high school football history.
Lettered three years as a wide receiver and holder at Clemson (2000-02).
Bowl Participation as a Player
2001 Gator Bowl...2001 Humanitarian Bowl...2002 Tangerine Bowl.
Degree in secondary education from Clemson in 2003.
Born December 28, 1980 in Arcadia, FL...married the former Sara McDaniel...son of former Clemson Assistant Coach Brad Scott (1999-10).
L A T E S T U P D A T E S
|Recent Forum Posts on Jeff Scott||Forum||Posted|
|Coach Jeff Scott...||Tiger Football||1/11/13 9:28 PM|
|I saw a picture posted earlier today with Nuk and Coach||Tiger Football||1/11/13 2:21 PM|
|OC in waiting||Tiger Football||1/11/13 1:15 AM|
|No, we would not be Tigernet||Tiger Football||1/11/13 1:03 AM|
|Football Update: Jeff Scott tweets about Hopkins||Tiger Football||1/10/13 11:52 PM|
|who says we dont. Jeff Scott might just be...||Tiger Football||1/10/13 9:02 PM|
|Running fullback...Johnson and Jeff McSwain.***||Tiger Football||1/10/13 4:47 PM|
|dan scott did not make that comment***||Tiger Football||1/10/13 3:18 PM|
|Re: 63 - 17 This should be repeated on occasion. Never Forget||Tiger Football||1/9/13 8:36 PM|
|Sorry I meant Ball State. They played 9/5/1998.||Tiger Football||1/9/13 6:59 PM|