|Position:||Assistant Coach / Defensive Ends|
|Born:||November 7, 1966 in Irondale, AL|
|As a Player:||Lettered 4 times as a DE at Tennessee (1986-89), played 3 seasons (42 games) New England Patriots.|
|College:||B.S. degree from Tennessee in 1995|
• Returns to Clemson after spending the last three years at Duke. He served as assistant head coach, defensive coordinator, and defensive line coach under Duke Head Coach David Cutcliffe.
• In 2008, Duke's defense held opponents to 23.4 points per game, best in 20 years, and held three opponents to less than 10 points, a first for the program since 1976.
• This is his second tour of duty at Clemson. He served as defensive line coach in 2005, helping the Tigers to an 8-4 record and a top-25 finish in the AP poll.
• Has NFL experience, as he was an assistant coach with the New Orleans Saints in 2006 and 2007. The 2006 Saints had a 10-6 record and won the NFC South. Among his players that year was defensive end Will Smith, who had 10.5 sacks and started in the Pro Bowl.
• Prior to coming to Clemson, he worked for Cutcliffe at Mississippi for six seasons (1999-04). During that time, the Rebels had a 44-29 record, five winning seasons, and four bowl wins.
• In his first year at Mississippi in 1999, the Rebels were fourth in the nation in rushing defense (78.1).
• Started in coaching in 1995 with the defensive tackles at Tennessee-Martin. He served two seasons at Louisiana-Lafayette as strength & conditioning coach (1996) and defensive tackles coach (1997) before spending one year at Tennessee as assistant strength & conditioning coach. Tennessee won the national title in 1998.
• Was a First-Team All-SEC selection in 1989 and was named to Tennessee's 100-year anniversary team. A third-round draft pick (#74 overall) of the Minnesota Vikings, he played three years (1990-92) with the New England Patriots. He played 42 games in the NFL and had five sacks, including three as a rookie in 1990.
Lettered four times as a defensive end at Tennessee (1986-89)...three-year starter...played three seasons (42 games) in the NFL with the New England Patriots.
Bowl Participation as a Player
1986 Sugar Bowl...1986 Liberty Bowl...1988 Peach Bowl...1990 Cotton Bowl.
B.S. degree from Tennessee in 1995.
Born November 7, 1966 in Irondale, AL...he and his wife, Constance, have three daughters, Maria, Mariah, and Camille.
*Courtesy Clemson Media Guide
L A T E S T U P D A T E S