|Historic Clemson Photos #8 - School name changed|
|Friday, January 11, 2013 9:42 PM-||
I'm pleased to present today's Historic Clemson Photo. This year we have done a lot of work on organizing and tagging all of our photos and getting them into our new gallery system. As I was starting to work on some of the historic photos, mostly submitted by long time TigerNet member Mintaka®, I thought it would be fun to re-post some of them, since it has been quite a while since they were first posted. Mintaka has graciously allowed me to re-post these, along with his comments on each.
These historic posts will each have a sponsor with a very brief video message. After playing, the update and photos will replace the video. As you know, we have never charged for content since starting the site in 1995, but with the site as large as it is, we need to explore other ways to support the site and our families.
Thank you very much, and enjoy! --Crump and B-Meist
P.S. Please send any historic photos you would like to share to firstname.lastname@example.org
This meant that in order for the school's name to be legally called Clemson University, school officials had to actively seek out the living heirs of TG Clemson and obtain their consent for the name change, plus they had to get the South Carolina General Assembly to enact the name change. Now you see why it was such a big deal.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the 'Running Man Challenge'
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Kearse selected #244 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- WATCH: Clemson Football 2016 Season Hype Video