|Tigers to Play Host to Virginia Saturday||Tweet|
|Staff Reports - Friday, January 11, 2013 10:45 AM||
Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Date: Saturday, January 12, 2013
City: Clemson, SC
Time: 12:07 PM
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Pete Yanity - play-by-play; Tim Bourret - color)
TV: ACC Network (Mike Hogewood - play-by-play, Debbie Antonelli - color)
Overall: Virginia leads 67-52
at Clemson: Clemson leads 34-21
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 23-18
at Virginia: Virginia leads 40-17
at Neutral: Virginia leads 6-1
First Meeting: Clemson won, 45-34, in 1935-36
Last Meeting: Clemson won, 60-48, in 2011-12
Streak: Virginia has won two of last three
• Clemson and Virginia face off for the 120th time in men's basketball on Saturday. The Cavaliers hold a 67-52 advantage all-time in the series and have won two of the last three. Clemson won the most recent game last year at home against a ranked Virginia team.
• The Tigers are looking for their first ACC win of the season, having dropped games to Florida State and No. 1 Duke already. In their most recent game, Clemson was held to just 10 first half points.
• The Cavaliers enter Saturday's tilt at 11-4, 1-1 in the ACC. After knocking off North Carolina at home, Virginia fell to Wake Forest on the road in its last outing.
• Saturday's game will feature two similar teams. Virginia is atop the ACC in scoring defense, yielding 51.1 points per game. But the Cavaliers are last in the league in scoring offense at 63.7 points per game. Clemson is third in scoring defense (57.1) and 11th in the ACC in scoring offense (64.7).
• This will be the third straight game Clemson has faced one of the top three-point shooting teams in the ACC. The Cavs hit .388 of their long-range shots, third-best in the league.
• Devin BookerDevin Booker
#31 6-8, 250
View Full Profile has tallied a double-double in each of his first two ACC games. The 6-foot-8 senior had 19 points and 11 rebounds against Florida State, and then 12 points and a career-high 15 rebounds at Duke.
• Booker moved into the top 20 in Clemson history with 610 career rebounds after the Duke game. His 15 boards were the most by any Tiger in 79 games under Brad Brownell, and the most by a Clemson player since former teammate Jerai GrantJerai Grant
#45 6-8, 230
View Full Profile also had 15 at Virginia Tech in 2010.
• Adonis FilerAdonis Filer
#3 6-2, 190
View Full Profile earned his first career start against the nation's top-ranked team in Cameron Indoor Stadium. The freshman had six points and three steals in 22 minutes.
• Filer leads the Tigers with 57 free throw attempts. The last time a freshman guard led Clemson in free throw attempts for a season was Skip Wise in 1974-75. The last freshman to lead Clemson in free throw attempts at any position was Sharone WrightSharone Wright
#34 6-11, 260
View Full Profile in 1991-92.
• Jordan RoperJordan Roper
#20 5-11, 165
View Full Profile has played 20+ minutes in six consecutive games. The freshman guard out of Irmo High School has scored double figures in four of the six.
Clemson to Celebrate Military Appreciation Day Saturday at Men's Basketball Game
The Clemson men's basketball game versus Virginia on Saturday, January 12 has been tabbed Military Appreciation Day in Littlejohn Coliseum. The game will feature military recognitions during pregame, at timeouts and during halftime.
Members of the Clemson Army and Air Force ROTC, Clemson Student Veterans and the Clemson Corps will all be recognized. Halftime will salute all members of the Armed Forces and will include a ceremony with the family of the newest inductee into the Scroll of Honor, Major William Edward Worthy.
The game between the Tigers and Cavaliers will tip off at noon on Saturday. Fans are encouraged to arrive early for the military pregame activities. Tickets still remain for this game and can be purchased online at ClemsonTigers.com or by calling 1-800-CLEMSON.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Basketball Board - Chat about this article in TigerActive Chat|