|Spiller raises money for Sandy Hook|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:08 PM||
Spiller displayed his condolences and remembrance to those affected by writing “S.H.E.S,” and “Newtown, CT” on his cleats that he wore during the Seattle Seahawks game- a game when C.J. obtained his 1,000 yard rushing mark for the first time in his NFL career.
It was as if that game he was playing for the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting.
Spiller then signed the cleats and donated them to NFL Action, with 100% of the proceeds benefitting the relief efforts in Newtown. The cleats were up on the site for eight days, and had the most bids of any item in the last week.
The bidding started at $100.00, and when finished raised just shy of $5,000 dollars for the Sandy Hook relief efforts.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels