|Spiller raises money for Sandy Hook|
|Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:08 PM-||
Spiller displayed his condolences and remembrance to those affected by writing “S.H.E.S,” and “Newtown, CT” on his cleats that he wore during the Seattle Seahawks game- a game when C.J. obtained his 1,000 yard rushing mark for the first time in his NFL career.
It was as if that game he was playing for the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting.
Spiller then signed the cleats and donated them to NFL Action, with 100% of the proceeds benefitting the relief efforts in Newtown. The cleats were up on the site for eight days, and had the most bids of any item in the last week.
The bidding started at $100.00, and when finished raised just shy of $5,000 dollars for the Sandy Hook relief efforts.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll