|Spiller raises money for Sandy Hook|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:08 PM||
Spiller displayed his condolences and remembrance to those affected by writing “S.H.E.S,” and “Newtown, CT” on his cleats that he wore during the Seattle Seahawks game- a game when C.J. obtained his 1,000 yard rushing mark for the first time in his NFL career.
It was as if that game he was playing for the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting.
Spiller then signed the cleats and donated them to NFL Action, with 100% of the proceeds benefitting the relief efforts in Newtown. The cleats were up on the site for eight days, and had the most bids of any item in the last week.
The bidding started at $100.00, and when finished raised just shy of $5,000 dollars for the Sandy Hook relief efforts.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Tigers Sweep No. 8 FSU in Tallahassee
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released