|Spiller raises money for Sandy Hook|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:08 PM||
Spiller displayed his condolences and remembrance to those affected by writing “S.H.E.S,” and “Newtown, CT” on his cleats that he wore during the Seattle Seahawks game- a game when C.J. obtained his 1,000 yard rushing mark for the first time in his NFL career.
It was as if that game he was playing for the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting.
Spiller then signed the cleats and donated them to NFL Action, with 100% of the proceeds benefitting the relief efforts in Newtown. The cleats were up on the site for eight days, and had the most bids of any item in the last week.
The bidding started at $100.00, and when finished raised just shy of $5,000 dollars for the Sandy Hook relief efforts.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab