|Spiller raises money for Sandy Hook|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:08 PM||
Spiller displayed his condolences and remembrance to those affected by writing “S.H.E.S,” and “Newtown, CT” on his cleats that he wore during the Seattle Seahawks game- a game when C.J. obtained his 1,000 yard rushing mark for the first time in his NFL career.
It was as if that game he was playing for the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting.
Spiller then signed the cleats and donated them to NFL Action, with 100% of the proceeds benefitting the relief efforts in Newtown. The cleats were up on the site for eight days, and had the most bids of any item in the last week.
The bidding started at $100.00, and when finished raised just shy of $5,000 dollars for the Sandy Hook relief efforts.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney announces permanent team captains
- Fans boo Booker hoping for free chicken sandwiches