|Hopkins selected in NFL Mock Draft|
|Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:01 PM-||
They[MockDraftHQ.com] have Houston selecting Hopkins with the No. 29 pick and believe he can slide in and help as the No. 2 receiver, saying, "Andre Johnson is fighting injuries and age, but father time always wins. Keyshawn Martin looks like a good #3 guy, but who will be the full time #2? Enter Mr. Hopkins."
Hopkins ended his junior season with a strong performance in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, catching 13 passes for 191 yards and two touchdowns against a stout LSU defense in a 25-24 Clemson victory. Hopkins finished with 82 receptions for 1,405 yards and 18 touchdowns on the year. He has already declared for the 2013 NFL Draft.
CBS Sports ranks Hopkins as the fifth-best wide receiver and 34th-best prospect overall.
SB Nation and CBS Sports both predicted that the Texans will take a wide receiver as well, but all three mocks have Houston selecting different players.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the 'Running Man Challenge'
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Kearse selected #244 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Alexander selected #54 overall in 2016 NFL Draft