|Hopkins selected in NFL Mock Draft|
|Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:01 PM-||
They[MockDraftHQ.com] have Houston selecting Hopkins with the No. 29 pick and believe he can slide in and help as the No. 2 receiver, saying, "Andre Johnson is fighting injuries and age, but father time always wins. Keyshawn Martin looks like a good #3 guy, but who will be the full time #2? Enter Mr. Hopkins."
Hopkins ended his junior season with a strong performance in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, catching 13 passes for 191 yards and two touchdowns against a stout LSU defense in a 25-24 Clemson victory. Hopkins finished with 82 receptions for 1,405 yards and 18 touchdowns on the year. He has already declared for the 2013 NFL Draft.
CBS Sports ranks Hopkins as the fifth-best wide receiver and 34th-best prospect overall.
SB Nation and CBS Sports both predicted that the Texans will take a wide receiver as well, but all three mocks have Houston selecting different players.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Former Clemson DT signs with Toronto Argonauts