|CBS lists Spiller as a Pro Bowl snub|
|Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:05 PM-||
Pro Bowl rosters were announced Wednesday night and former Clemson running back C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile was hoping to make his first Pro Bowl team, but was left off in favor of Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, and Ray Rice. CBS' Clark Judge said that Spiller should have selected.
Not only does the guy rank third in the AFC in yards from scrimmage, but he averages an astounding 6.48 yards per carry, and if that sounds like a lot it is. It's the highest rushing average through the first 15 games of an NFL season since 1960. I know, I know, you can make a case for Kansas City's Jamaal Charles, too, because ... well, because he leads the AFC in yards from scrimmage and produced more 100-yard games (7). Besides, he made it.
But Charles is hit and miss. When he hits, he hits big. He has three touchdown runs of 80 or more yards this season and two games where he eclipsed 225. But when he misses? Well, he misses big, too. I count three games with 10 or fewer yards rushing and another two with no more than 40. Spiller split carries with Fred Jackson for part of the season, and that kept his numbers down, but when the Bills put the ball in his hands he was explosive -- averaging 7 yards per touch (rushing and receiving). Spiller could only do what he could do when the Bills called his number ... which wasn't often enough. But when he was called he delivered.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- Charges against Tajh Boyd to be dismissed
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Jalen Williams injury update
- Game time announced for Clemson vs. Boston College