|Louisville transfer available for Lady Tigers Saturday|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:18 PM||
CLEMSON, SC - Guard Charmaine Tay is eligible to play for the Lady Tigers on Saturday against Samford, and is expected to make her debut for Clemson against the Bulldogs. Tay sat out an academic year in accordance with the NCAA transfer rules. Tay transferred from Louisville in January of 2011.
Tay has not played a game since the 2011 Sweet 16 game against Xavier for the Cardinals, when she played 30 minutes. It has been 643 days since her last intercollegiate appearance. She has also recovered from a torn achilles that she suffered during summer workouts.
Tay appeared in 30 games as a freshman for Louisville, averaging 15.6 minutes per game. She was ranked a top-30 players nationally in the 2010 class by three recruiting services. She’s expected to earn time at the point and two-guard positions.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson releases 2015 Summer Depth Chart
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies
- Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event