|Lady Tigers' leading rebounder will transfer|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:31 PM||
CLEMSON, SC - Head Women’s Basketball Coach Itoro Coleman announced Wednesday that freshman forward Jonquel Jones will transfer from Clemson University. Jones has received her release, and will enroll at another institution in the spring. She will not suit up for the Lady Tigers in Wednesday’s 9:00 pm game against Providence, and did not play in Clemson’s 74-55 win on Sunday.
“I respect Jonquel’s decision to transfer, and thank her for her contributions. I wish Jonquel the best in the future,” said Coleman.
Jones was averaging 9.8 points, 10.0 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks per game, and started four of the eight contests in which she participated. Her destination is not known at this time.
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach