|Lady Tigers' leading rebounder will transfer|
CLEMSON, SC - Head Women’s Basketball Coach Itoro Coleman announced Wednesday that freshman forward Jonquel Jones will transfer from Clemson University. Jones has received her release, and will enroll at another institution in the spring. She will not suit up for the Lady Tigers in Wednesday’s 9:00 pm game against Providence, and did not play in Clemson’s 74-55 win on Sunday.
“I respect Jonquel’s decision to transfer, and thank her for her contributions. I wish Jonquel the best in the future,” said Coleman.
Jones was averaging 9.8 points, 10.0 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks per game, and started four of the eight contests in which she participated. Her destination is not known at this time.
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State
- Rex Ryan jokes about benching his VT players cause of ACC title game