|Chick-Fil-A Bowl attendance update|
|Monday, December 17, 2012 2:53 PM-||
For the 16th consecutive year, the Chick-fil-A Bowl has sold its complete allotment of tickets for the ACC vs. SEC rivalry bowl game.
The Bowl ticket office sold nearly 35,000 tickets to local and regional buyers. A record 94% of ticket buyers renewed their purchases for this year’s bowl game.
“The amount of local support for our game is truly inspirational and we feel blessed Atlanta has embraced this game the way it has,” said Gary Stokan, Chick-fil-A Bowl president and CEO. “There were a lot of buyers who purchased early in anticipation of another great match-up, and with number-eight LSU and number-14 Clemson, we did not disappoint.”
“We thank our local Atlanta fans and corporate supporters for elevating the Chick-fil-A Bowl to become one of the preeminent bowl games in the country,” Stokan added.
All remaining tickets for the 71,996-seat Georgia Dome were purchased by LSU and Clemson, following their selections on Dec. 2.
The only available tickets to the Chick-fil-A Bowl must be purchased through the university ticket offices at LSUSports.net and ClemsonTigers.com. The teams will remain on-sale until they sell through their allotments.
The Chick-fil-A Bowl’s string of 16 consecutive sellouts is the second-longest among all bowls in the country, trailing only the Rose Bowl. Over that span, the Chick-fil-A Bowl is among the highest-attended non-BCS games in the nation with an average attendance of 72,126 in its previous 15 games.
The 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl will be played Dec. 31 at 7:30 p.m. (EST) and will be nationally televised by ESPN, running unopposed in its time slot. This year’s matchup, featuring No. 8 LSU vs. No. 14 Clemson, has been ranked by many, including ESPN and Sports Illustrated, as the fourth-best match-up of the bowl season, including the BCS games.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016
- NFL.com ranks Watson #1 QB to watch in 2016