|Spiller goes over 1000 Yards|
|Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:01 PM-||
Clemson, SC—Former Clemson running back C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile went over the 1000-yard mark for the season for the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. Spiller is the first former Clemson running back to gain at least 1000 yards in a season at the NFL level since Terry Allen did it for the Washington Redskins in 1996.
Spiller, who was the ACC Player of the Year and a unanimous All-American at Clemson in 2009, had 17 carries for 103 yards and a touchdown for the Bills on Sunday in a loss to the Seattle Seahawks in a game played in Toronto. It was his fourth 100-yard game of the year.
Sunday’s performance gives him 161 carries for 1047 yards and six touchdowns for the season. He now has a 6.5 per carry for the season, best in the NFL among running backs.
If the season ended today, Spiller’s 6.5 average would be the best by an NFL running back since Lenny Moore averaged 7.0 yards per rush for the Baltimore Colts in 1961.
Spiller is just the third former Clemson running back to have 1000 yards in an NFL season. Kevin Mack, a senior on Clemson’s 1983 team, had 1104 yards for the Cleveland Brown in his rookie year in the league, 1985. He had played the 1984 season in the USFL.
Former Clemson Running Backs 1000-Yard Seasons
Year Player Team Att-Yards-TD
1985 Kevin Mack Cleveland 222-1104-7
1992 Terry Allen Minnesota 266-1201-13
1994 Terry Allen Minnesota 255-1031-8
1995 Terry Allen Washington 338-1309-10
1996 Terry Allen Washington 347-1353-21
2012 C.J. Spiller Buffalo 161-1047-6
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Spurrier leaves funny voicemail for Dabo Swinney
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Herbstreit on Clemson: "We love coming here"