|Diving Coach to Appear in Reality TV Show|
|Friday, December 14, 2012 4:52 PM-||
Clemson Head Diving Coach Leslie Hasselbach Adams has been selected to be on a panel of judges for a new celebrity reality show that will air on primetime network television beginning in January.
Adams will be a part of a group tasked with deciding the fate of contestants on “Stars in Danger: The High Dive”, FOX’s newest creation that has a wide variety of famous figures attempting to dive in a variety of ways. The format includes both high dives and synchronized dives, and the finale will consist of a dive from the 10-meter board. The show will be hosted by United States Olympic medalist Troy Dumais, and the program will begin with a two-hour special on FOX at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, January 9.
"I am excited and honored to be a part of the show,” Adams said. “It takes a lot of courage and mental toughness to learn the sport of diving. I am looking forward to seeing how the stars have progressed during their training for the show. I am sure they have come a long way and overcome many fears, and hopefully learned a lot about themselves in the process."
As a part of the show, the celebrity contestants will undergo intense training sessions conducted by veteran diving coaches. The celebrity contestants include former NFL player Terrell Owens, surfer Bethany Hamilton, “Jersey Shore’s” Jennifer “JWoww” Farley, former “Baywatch” stars David Chokachi and Alexandra Paul, sisters Kim and Kyle Richards from “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”, and reality TV star Antonio Sabato, Jr.
Tickets are available for filming, which will take place on Saturday, December 15 at 5:45 p.m. in Greensboro, NC. The Clemson Tigers diving team will be among those in attendance. Interested fans can reserve tickets online prior to the event.
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama