|ESPN: Clemson-LSU prediction|
|Friday, December 14, 2012 10:30 AM-||
From Mark Schlabach of ESPN:
Why to watch: It should be an exciting matchup between a top-10 defense and top-10 offense. Clemson ranks sixth and ninth nationally in scoring and total offense, respectively, averaging 42.3 points and 518.3 yards per game. LSU ranks eighth and 11th in total defense and scoring defense, respectively, allowing 296.1 yards and 16.9 points.
Who to watch: Clemson receiver DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile, a junior from Central, S.C., was overshadowed by teammate Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
So. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile last season. But Hopkins stole the spotlight this season, finishing with 69 catches for 1,214 yards with 16 touchdowns. He caught at least one touchdown in 11 of 12 games this season.
Motivation for LSU: The No. 8 Tigers were left out of a BCS bowl game and didn't even land in one of the SEC's top two non-BCS bowls (Capital One and Cotton bowls). LSU also can secure at least 11 victories for the third consecutive season.
Motivation for Clemson: The Tigers have never defeated LSU, losing 10-7 in the 1996 Chick-fil-A Bowl and 7-0 in the 1959 Sugar Bowl. LSU won the 1958 national championship after defeating Clemson.
Pick: LSU 27, Clemson 24
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Game time announced for Clemson vs. Boston College
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville