Tigers to Play Host to Florida A&M Saturday at 7 PM
Press Release - Friday, December 14, 2012 9:14 AM
Thu, December 13, 2012
Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Date: Saturday, December 15, 2012
City: Clemson, SC
Time: 7:00 PM
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Pete Yanity - play-by-play; Tim Bourret - color)
Web: ESPN3.com (Don Munson - play-by-play, Ralph Patterson - color)
Overall: Clemson leads 1-0
at Clemson: Clemson leads 1-0
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 1-0
at Florida A&M: None played
at Neutral: None played
First Meeting: Clemson won, 96-52, in 1985-86
Last Meeting: Clemson won, 96-52, in 1985-86
Streak: Clemson won the only meeting
• Clemson and Florida A&M will meet on the hardwood for just the second time in series history. The Tigers won the first meeting in Littlejohn Coliseum in the 1985-86 season. Glenn Corbit and Horace Grant combined for 51 points in that Tiger victory for Cliff Ellis' squad.
• The Tigers are coming off a week away from competition due to final exams. Clemson fell to No. 8 Arizona in its most recent game, a 66-54 defeat at home last Saturday. Two of Clemson's three losses have been to teams currently ranked in the top 15 of the national polls.
• The Rattlers of Florida A&M have a 4-6 record on the season and also last played on Saturday, Dec. 8. Florida A&M is 0-5 on the road so far this season.
• Clemson is 26-1 all-time against schools currently in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. Head Coach Brad Brownell is 5-0 against five different teams at two schools. He is 3-0 vs. the MEAC with Clemson and was 2-0 at Wright State.
• Clemson is in the top 15 in three important NCAA statistical categories: fifth in turnovers per game (9.9), 13th in scoring defense (55.3) and 15th in blocked shots per game (5.9).
• The Tigers had 12 blocked shots against Arizona, a program high under Brad Brownell. With the effort, Clemson now leads the ACC with a figure of 5.9 per game. Devin BookerDevin Booker
#31 6-8, 250
View Full Profile had a career-high five in the loss.
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile leads the ACC in blocked shots with 2.5 per game. He has compiled nine over the past two games, five at South Carolina and four against Arizona.
• Milton JenningsMilton Jennings
#24 6-9, 225
View Full Profile returned from a two-game suspension to lead Clemson in scoring with 15 points against Arizona. The 6-foot-9 senior forward is 10-for-19 on the season from three-point distance, a 52.6 percent accuracy.
• Clemson's two senior interior players, Booker and Jennings, have combined to play in 205 games for a total of 4,273 minutes. The two have combined for 1,563 points.
• When point guard Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile made a three-pointer as the shot clock expired to give Clemson a second-half lead against Arizona, it was his fifth made long ball in six career attempts.
• Sophomore forward Bernard SullivanBernard Sullivan
#22 6-7, 230
View Full Profile, who missed the Arizona game with a concussion, was cleared to practice earlier this week and will play for the Tigers on Saturday.
• All educators receive free admission with a valid ID. Family members are eligible for the group rate. Tickets for this promotion are available at the Littlejohn Box Office (East Gate) beginning at 6:00 PM.
• All first responders (Police, Fire, EMS) receive free admission with a valid ID. Family members are eligible for the group rate. Tickets for this promotion are available at the Littlejohn Box Office (East Gate) beginning at 6:00 PM.
• All area elementary school students (Anderson, Greenville, Oconee, Pickens and Spartanburg Counties) with valid passes will receive free admission.
Post your comments