|Q&A with C.J. Spiller|
|Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:52 AM-||
The reporter asked Spiller why he thinks that he spends so much of the games on the sidelines watching. Spiller will most likely get more carriers as RB Fred Jackson suffered a season-ending Grade 2 right knee sprain against the Rams last weekend.
IS HIS PASS-BLOCKING SUB-STANDARD?
“No. Generally, I’m fine. I thought my biggest improvement coming into this season was my pass protection. Fred (Jackson), he’s been around a lot longer though.”
IS HE NOT PART OF MANY RED-ZONE PACKAGES?:
“No that’s not it. It’s pretty much a trust factor. We definitely want to get me out there on the field as much as I can. It just comes down to a choice factor for the coach, and what he feels is best (in the red zone).”
IS THE SHOULDER HE HURT IN WEEK 3 STILL AILING?:
“No, I’ve had no issues probably since the Arizona game ... Ever since then the shoulder’s been great. That’s why I’ve been able to play with more confidence now than when I had the shoulder injury, because I didn’t know how much it would hold up if I took a hit. But now I’ve been taking clean shots on it, and it’s fine.”
DOES HE FEEL HE GETS STRONGER AS A GAME GOES ON?:
“Yes. Defences at first are going to get you some. That’s when the adrenaline is flowing, the emotion is flowing. But as the game goes on, those three and four yards you were getting earlier can possibly turn into 30 yards. So that’s the main thing that I try to do is just stay focused and not get frustrated if I get tackled for those itty-bitty yards. I know it’s a long game, and eventually they’ll come.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Alexander selected #54 overall in 2016 NFL Draft