|Q&A with C.J. Spiller|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:52 AM||
The reporter asked Spiller why he thinks that he spends so much of the games on the sidelines watching. Spiller will most likely get more carriers as RB Fred Jackson suffered a season-ending Grade 2 right knee sprain against the Rams last weekend.
IS HIS PASS-BLOCKING SUB-STANDARD?
“No. Generally, I’m fine. I thought my biggest improvement coming into this season was my pass protection. Fred (Jackson), he’s been around a lot longer though.”
IS HE NOT PART OF MANY RED-ZONE PACKAGES?:
“No that’s not it. It’s pretty much a trust factor. We definitely want to get me out there on the field as much as I can. It just comes down to a choice factor for the coach, and what he feels is best (in the red zone).”
IS THE SHOULDER HE HURT IN WEEK 3 STILL AILING?:
“No, I’ve had no issues probably since the Arizona game ... Ever since then the shoulder’s been great. That’s why I’ve been able to play with more confidence now than when I had the shoulder injury, because I didn’t know how much it would hold up if I took a hit. But now I’ve been taking clean shots on it, and it’s fine.”
DOES HE FEEL HE GETS STRONGER AS A GAME GOES ON?:
“Yes. Defences at first are going to get you some. That’s when the adrenaline is flowing, the emotion is flowing. But as the game goes on, those three and four yards you were getting earlier can possibly turn into 30 yards. So that’s the main thing that I try to do is just stay focused and not get frustrated if I get tackled for those itty-bitty yards. I know it’s a long game, and eventually they’ll come.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"