|Q&A with C.J. Spiller|
The reporter asked Spiller why he thinks that he spends so much of the games on the sidelines watching. Spiller will most likely get more carriers as RB Fred Jackson suffered a season-ending Grade 2 right knee sprain against the Rams last weekend.
IS HIS PASS-BLOCKING SUB-STANDARD?
“No. Generally, I’m fine. I thought my biggest improvement coming into this season was my pass protection. Fred (Jackson), he’s been around a lot longer though.”
IS HE NOT PART OF MANY RED-ZONE PACKAGES?:
“No that’s not it. It’s pretty much a trust factor. We definitely want to get me out there on the field as much as I can. It just comes down to a choice factor for the coach, and what he feels is best (in the red zone).”
IS THE SHOULDER HE HURT IN WEEK 3 STILL AILING?:
“No, I’ve had no issues probably since the Arizona game ... Ever since then the shoulder’s been great. That’s why I’ve been able to play with more confidence now than when I had the shoulder injury, because I didn’t know how much it would hold up if I took a hit. But now I’ve been taking clean shots on it, and it’s fine.”
DOES HE FEEL HE GETS STRONGER AS A GAME GOES ON?:
“Yes. Defences at first are going to get you some. That’s when the adrenaline is flowing, the emotion is flowing. But as the game goes on, those three and four yards you were getting earlier can possibly turn into 30 yards. So that’s the main thing that I try to do is just stay focused and not get frustrated if I get tackled for those itty-bitty yards. I know it’s a long game, and eventually they’ll come.”
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the 2017 National Championship
- Clemson blanks Boston College