|Venables has close ties to Texas Tech AD|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:53 PM||
According to Tulsa World, Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables could be a candidate to replace Tommy Tuberville at Texas Tech because of his relationship with Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt.
Venables and Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt became great friends when they were both undersized, overachieving linebackers under Bill Snyder (and Bob and Mike Stoops) at Kansas State in 1991-92.
Hocutt and Venables remained best pals when Hocutt worked his way into athletic administration at KSU while Venables was a Wildcats assistant coach.
And when Venables joined the Stoops-led migration from Manhattan to Norman in 1999, Hocutt came, too, as an assistant to Joe Castiglione until he left in 2005 (for Ohio; in 2008 he went to Miami, Fla.)
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Clemson lands JUCO baseball commit