|Venables has close ties to Texas Tech AD|
|Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:53 PM-||
According to Tulsa World, Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables could be a candidate to replace Tommy Tuberville at Texas Tech because of his relationship with Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt.
Venables and Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt became great friends when they were both undersized, overachieving linebackers under Bill Snyder (and Bob and Mike Stoops) at Kansas State in 1991-92.
Hocutt and Venables remained best pals when Hocutt worked his way into athletic administration at KSU while Venables was a Wildcats assistant coach.
And when Venables joined the Stoops-led migration from Manhattan to Norman in 1999, Hocutt came, too, as an assistant to Joe Castiglione until he left in 2005 (for Ohio; in 2008 he went to Miami, Fla.)
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech
- Charges against Tajh Boyd to be dismissed
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Swinney to McCloud: "You are going to be on Sportscenter for the rest of your life"