|Venables has close ties to Texas Tech AD|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:53 PM||
According to Tulsa World, Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables could be a candidate to replace Tommy Tuberville at Texas Tech because of his relationship with Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt.
Venables and Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt became great friends when they were both undersized, overachieving linebackers under Bill Snyder (and Bob and Mike Stoops) at Kansas State in 1991-92.
Hocutt and Venables remained best pals when Hocutt worked his way into athletic administration at KSU while Venables was a Wildcats assistant coach.
And when Venables joined the Stoops-led migration from Manhattan to Norman in 1999, Hocutt came, too, as an assistant to Joe Castiglione until he left in 2005 (for Ohio; in 2008 he went to Miami, Fla.)
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released