|Venables has close ties to Texas Tech AD|
|Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:53 PM-||
According to Tulsa World, Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables could be a candidate to replace Tommy Tuberville at Texas Tech because of his relationship with Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt.
Venables and Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt became great friends when they were both undersized, overachieving linebackers under Bill Snyder (and Bob and Mike Stoops) at Kansas State in 1991-92.
Hocutt and Venables remained best pals when Hocutt worked his way into athletic administration at KSU while Venables was a Wildcats assistant coach.
And when Venables joined the Stoops-led migration from Manhattan to Norman in 1999, Hocutt came, too, as an assistant to Joe Castiglione until he left in 2005 (for Ohio; in 2008 he went to Miami, Fla.)
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the 'Running Man Challenge'
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Kearse selected #244 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- WATCH: Clemson Football 2016 Season Hype Video
- Report: Vikings agree to terms with Alexander, Kearse
- Alexander selected #54 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Two Tigers ranked in Top 20 for 2017 NFL Draft