|Venables has close ties to Texas Tech AD|
|Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:53 PM-||
According to Tulsa World, Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables could be a candidate to replace Tommy Tuberville at Texas Tech because of his relationship with Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt.
Venables and Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt became great friends when they were both undersized, overachieving linebackers under Bill Snyder (and Bob and Mike Stoops) at Kansas State in 1991-92.
Hocutt and Venables remained best pals when Hocutt worked his way into athletic administration at KSU while Venables was a Wildcats assistant coach.
And when Venables joined the Stoops-led migration from Manhattan to Norman in 1999, Hocutt came, too, as an assistant to Joe Castiglione until he left in 2005 (for Ohio; in 2008 he went to Miami, Fla.)
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- Schmidt leads Tigers to series win over Irish
- Clemson earns 6th seed in 2016 ACC Baseball Championship
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts