|Blanks named Second-Team Freshman All-American|
|Saturday, December 8, 2012 1:21 PM-||
Clemson, SC—Clemson defender Travis BlanksTravis Blanks
Fr. Defensive Back
#11 6-1, 190
View Full Profile has been named a second-team Freshman All-American by Scout.com and Fox Sports. The native of Tallahassee, FL helped the Tigers to a 10-2 regular season record and a #13 ranking in the final USA Today regular season poll.
Blanks is sixth on the Clemson team in tackles with 51, including 40 first hits. He has two tackles for loss from his safety/linebacker position and has added six passes broken up. He started eight of the 12 games this year and played 547 defensive snaps. The native of Tallahassee, FL had eight tackles at Florida State for his season high.
Blanks was one of three ACC players to make the Freshman All-America teams. Eddie Johnson, a linebacker from Miami (FL), was named first team, while Blanks was joined on the second team in the secondary by Deon Bush of Miami (FL).
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson