|Blanks named Second-Team Freshman All-American|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, December 8, 2012 1:21 PM||
Travis BlanksTravis Blanks
Fr. Defensive Back
#11 6-1, 190
View Full Profile has been named a second-team Freshman All-American by Scout.com and Fox Sports. The native of Tallahassee, FL helped the Tigers to a 10-2 regular season record and a #13 ranking in the final USA Today regular season poll.
Blanks is sixth on the Clemson team in tackles with 51, including 40 first hits. He has two tackles for loss from his safety/linebacker position and has added six passes broken up. He started eight of the 12 games this year and played 547 defensive snaps. The native of Tallahassee, FL had eight tackles at Florida State for his season high.
Blanks was one of three ACC players to make the Freshman All-America teams. Eddie Johnson, a linebacker from Miami (FL), was named first team, while Blanks was joined on the second team in the secondary by Deon Bush of Miami (FL).
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking