|ACC presidents: United and committed|
From ESPN :
Yes, the league lost Maryland.
No, the league is not quite falling apart.
To that end, the Council of Presidents unanimously agreed to issue a statement Thursday to try and put an end to the speculation once and for all:
“We, the undersigned presidents of the Atlantic Coast Conference, wish to express our commitment to preserve and protect the future of our outstanding league. We want to be clear that the speculation about ACC schools in negotiations or considering alternatives to the ACC are totally false. The presidents of the ACC are united in our commitment to a strong and enduring conference. The ACC has long been a leader in intercollegiate athletics, both academically and athletically, and the constitution of our existing and future member schools will maintain the ACC’s position as one of the nation’s premier conferences.”
All 15 ACC university leaders signed the statement.
ACC's decision to express solidarity as a league initiated by FSU, UNC, GaTech, Clemson & VaTech presidents— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) December 6, 2012
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"