|T.J. Sapp to Transfer from Clemson|
CLEMSON, SC – Clemson sophomore T.J. SappT.J. Sapp
#1 6-3, 195
Fort Lauderdale, FL
View Full Profile has decided to transfer from Clemson, Head Coach Brad Brownell announced Monday. Sapp will no longer compete for the Tigers, but will complete the fall semester academically at Clemson before returning home to Fort Lauderdale, FL after final exams.
“T.J. is a fine young man who has had some positive moments in his time at Clemson,” Brownell said. “He is well-liked by our coaching staff and players, and will certainly be missed. I respect his decision and appreciate his efforts during his time here. We wish him the best in his search for a basketball program that better meets his needs.”
The 6-foot-3 Sapp appeared in 37 games in two seasons at Clemson, with 16 starts. He played 588 minutes and scored 132 points. He had a career-high 13 on two occasions as a freshman, first in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge at Iowa, and then in a home win over East Tennessee State. He averaged 3.6 points per game this season in 15.1 minutes per contest.
“I formed a brotherhood with my teammates, so this was a tough decision for me,” Sapp said. “I love and appreciate everything about Clemson. Coach Brownell is a tremendous guy, and I appreciate everything he’s taught me. He definitely made me a better player, and I can honestly say I am stronger and wiser due to my experiences at Clemson. I’ll never forget all of the coaches who taught me so much during my time here.”
- Swinney addresses SC's racial slur accusations
- WATCH: Awkward exchange between Muschamp and Swinney
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Muschamp didn't like Clemson celebrating seniors during 4th quarter
- WATCH: Watson, Gallman, Williams say goodbye to Clemson fans
- ESPN analyst Booger picks a fight with Clemson fans
- ESPN analyst says Bentley will outplay Deshaun Watson
- WATCH: Boulware with epic rant on South Carolina
- Clemson jumps up in latest AP Poll
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game