|Freeman named finalist for Rimington Award|
|Monday, December 3, 2012 1:27 PM-||
Clemson, SC-Clemson center Dalton FreemanDalton Freeman
#55 6-5, 265
View Full Profile has been named one of six finalists for the 2012 Rimington Award. The honor is presented each year to the top center in college football. It is the second consecutive year that Freeman has been named a finalist and he is the only current center in college football who can make that claim.
Freeman is the second two-time Rimington Award finalist in Clemson football history. The other was Kyle Young, a finalist in 2000 and 2001.
The other 2012 finalists are Braxton Cave of Notre Dame, Mario Benavides of LSU, Khaled Holmes of Southern California, Barrett Jones of Alabama and Matt Stankiewitch of Penn State. All six players are in their final year of eligibility. Cave and Freeman are graduate students.
Freeman was named a first-team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association last week and has helped the Tigers to a 10-2 record, a number-14 final ranking in the BCS, and a third ACC Atlantic Division Championship in his four years.
Freeman has been a common denominator in the starting lineup at center for those four years, one of just two seniors who can make that claim. The native of Pelion, SC has started 48 consecutive games entering the Tigers Chick-fil-A Bowl game against LSU on December 31. He will tie the school record for total starts when he starts that game.
Freeman was a first-team All-ACC selection at center for the second consecutive year. He is the first Clemson center to make first-team All-American and the first center to make first-team All-ACC twice. He was also a two-time ACC Lineman of the Week this year, one of just two ACC lineman to win that honor twice.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Gametime announced for Clemson-Louisville
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech
- Charges against Tajh Boyd to be dismissed
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll