|ESPN: ACC bashing should stop|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, December 3, 2012 11:05 AM||
OK, so let me get this straight. The ACC became the butt of national jokes last week when 6-6 Georgia Tech made the league championship game. Then folks pointed and laughed when said Jackets nearly upset No. 13 Florida State.
But over in Indianapolis, a 7-5 Wisconsin team rolled up 70 points on the No. 12 team in the nation in the Big Ten title game and that was, well, cool! I mean Wisconsin racked up 70 on Nebraska! With so many fun tricks! With three running backs who ran for over 100 yards! Wow, look at the shiny offense!
Imagine if Georgia Tech had scored 70 on Florida State and headed to the Orange Bowl as the ACC rep. The Noles' FBS membership may have been revoked, and the ACC relegated to Sun Belt status.
The double-standard is just laughable, quite honestly.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI