|ESPN: ACC bashing should stop|
|Monday, December 3, 2012 11:05 AM-||
OK, so let me get this straight. The ACC became the butt of national jokes last week when 6-6 Georgia Tech made the league championship game. Then folks pointed and laughed when said Jackets nearly upset No. 13 Florida State.
But over in Indianapolis, a 7-5 Wisconsin team rolled up 70 points on the No. 12 team in the nation in the Big Ten title game and that was, well, cool! I mean Wisconsin racked up 70 on Nebraska! With so many fun tricks! With three running backs who ran for over 100 yards! Wow, look at the shiny offense!
Imagine if Georgia Tech had scored 70 on Florida State and headed to the Orange Bowl as the ACC rep. The Noles' FBS membership may have been revoked, and the ACC relegated to Sun Belt status.
The double-standard is just laughable, quite honestly.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Brianna Rollins wins gold medal at 2016 Olympics
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson DE injured in moped accident
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson DE starter out vs. Auburn
- Watson has $10 million insurance policy for career-ending injury
- ESPN analyst says Kaaya is more NFL-ready QB than Watson
- Marvel releases Clemson-Auburn comic book cover