|ESPN: ACC bashing should stop|
|Monday, December 3, 2012 11:05 AM-||
OK, so let me get this straight. The ACC became the butt of national jokes last week when 6-6 Georgia Tech made the league championship game. Then folks pointed and laughed when said Jackets nearly upset No. 13 Florida State.
But over in Indianapolis, a 7-5 Wisconsin team rolled up 70 points on the No. 12 team in the nation in the Big Ten title game and that was, well, cool! I mean Wisconsin racked up 70 on Nebraska! With so many fun tricks! With three running backs who ran for over 100 yards! Wow, look at the shiny offense!
Imagine if Georgia Tech had scored 70 on Florida State and headed to the Orange Bowl as the ACC rep. The Noles' FBS membership may have been revoked, and the ACC relegated to Sun Belt status.
The double-standard is just laughable, quite honestly.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game