|Details of Louisville joining the ACC|
|Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:44 AM-||
Louisville will be joining the ACC in 2014 to replace Maryland.
CBSSports has confirmed that the ACC has voted to add Louisville to the league.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) November 28, 2012
#Louisville vote was first-ballot unanimous. No president voted against it, according to a source with direct knowledge.— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS) November 28, 2012
Overall strength of Louisville program won out. Conference already strong academically that Louisville's low rankings weren't huge factor— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS) November 28, 2012
"I don't think there's any sentiment at all about doing anything else right now," according to an ACC source about going from 14 to 16— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS) November 28, 2012
The one thing I don't want to hear from a president in the ACC or John Swofford is that these moves are about academics.— Andy Katz (@ESPNAndyKatz) November 28, 2012
ACC felt Louisville was best choice b/c of its "aggressive approach" to success including "marquee athletics programs."— Joe Schad (@schadjoe) November 28, 2012
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech
- Charges against Tajh Boyd to be dismissed
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Swinney to McCloud: "You are going to be on Sportscenter for the rest of your life"