|Details of Louisville joining the ACC|
|Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:44 AM-||
Louisville will be joining the ACC in 2014 to replace Maryland.
CBSSports has confirmed that the ACC has voted to add Louisville to the league.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) November 28, 2012
#Louisville vote was first-ballot unanimous. No president voted against it, according to a source with direct knowledge.— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS) November 28, 2012
Overall strength of Louisville program won out. Conference already strong academically that Louisville's low rankings weren't huge factor— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS) November 28, 2012
"I don't think there's any sentiment at all about doing anything else right now," according to an ACC source about going from 14 to 16— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS) November 28, 2012
The one thing I don't want to hear from a president in the ACC or John Swofford is that these moves are about academics.— Andy Katz (@ESPNAndyKatz) November 28, 2012
ACC felt Louisville was best choice b/c of its "aggressive approach" to success including "marquee athletics programs."— Joe Schad (@schadjoe) November 28, 2012
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama