|Details of Louisville joining the ACC|
Louisville will be joining the ACC in 2014 to replace Maryland.
CBSSports has confirmed that the ACC has voted to add Louisville to the league.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) November 28, 2012
#Louisville vote was first-ballot unanimous. No president voted against it, according to a source with direct knowledge.— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS) November 28, 2012
Overall strength of Louisville program won out. Conference already strong academically that Louisville's low rankings weren't huge factor— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS) November 28, 2012
"I don't think there's any sentiment at all about doing anything else right now," according to an ACC source about going from 14 to 16— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerCBS) November 28, 2012
The one thing I don't want to hear from a president in the ACC or John Swofford is that these moves are about academics.— Andy Katz (@ESPNAndyKatz) November 28, 2012
ACC felt Louisville was best choice b/c of its "aggressive approach" to success including "marquee athletics programs."— Joe Schad (@schadjoe) November 28, 2012
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"