|ACC sues Maryland over exit fee|
The Atlantic Coast Conference has filed a lawsuit against Maryland seeking full payment of the $50 million exit fee for announcing a move to the Big Ten.
The Guilford County Superior Court clerk's office said the lawsuit was filed there Monday.
In a statement, Commissioner John Swofford says the ACC's council of presidents unanimously decided "to file legal action to ensure enforcement of this obligation."
The league raised its exit fee to $50 million in September after adding Notre Dame in all sports except football. Maryland was one of two schools that voted against the increased exit fee.
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- WATCH: Deshaun Watson throwing for Jon Gruden's QB Camp