|Clemson football staff is the highest paid in FBS|
|Monday, November 19, 2012 5:30 PM-||
According to an article in the USA Today, Clemson's assistant football coaching staff is the highest paid staff in the country. Head coach Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile says he invests money he could get as salary into his program.
Swinney, who makes a shade more than $2 million, has transferred raises triggered by clauses in his contract to his assistants, adding hundreds of thousands of dollars to another growing class in college football — highly paid assistant coaches.
"Part of my philosophy was, I've got this money that was due me, and I don't need it," Swinney says. "I make plenty of money. Why can't I choose to invest some of that money in what we're trying to do as a program?"
The result: Swinney is the nation's 39th most highly paid head coach, and his assistants, who carry a cumulative price tag of $4.2 million, appear to be the nation's most highly paid.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll