|Clemson football staff is the highest paid in FBS|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, November 19, 2012 5:30 PM||
According to an article in the USA Today, Clemson's assistant football coaching staff is the highest paid staff in the country. Head coach Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile says he invests money he could get as salary into his program.
Swinney, who makes a shade more than $2 million, has transferred raises triggered by clauses in his contract to his assistants, adding hundreds of thousands of dollars to another growing class in college football — highly paid assistant coaches.
"Part of my philosophy was, I've got this money that was due me, and I don't need it," Swinney says. "I make plenty of money. Why can't I choose to invest some of that money in what we're trying to do as a program?"
The result: Swinney is the nation's 39th most highly paid head coach, and his assistants, who carry a cumulative price tag of $4.2 million, appear to be the nation's most highly paid.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story