|Clemson vs. NC State: Game Notes|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:34 PM||
Clemson vs. NC State Postgame Notes
Memorial Stadium – Clemson, SC
November 17, 2012
* Clemson received the opening kickoff for the 10th in 11 games this season in today’s game.
* With today’s win, Clemson clinched its second consecutive 10-win season and just its ninth 10-win season in school history. It is also the first time Clemson has won 10 games in the regular season since 1981 and just the third time in school history.
* Clemson tallied 754 yards of total offense in today’s game with 328 yards rushing and 426 yards passing. Clemson is now 64-0-1 when they record at 500 yards of total offense and 62-0-1 when they record at least 200 rushing and 200 passing. This was just the third game in Clemson history in which the Tigers have had at least 300 of each. Two of the three have taken place this year. Other game this year was at Duke.
* Clemson’s 754 yards of total offense is second most in school record. That is two yards shy of the Clemson single-game record for yards of total offense. The record is 756 in 1981 against Wake Forest.
* Clemson has now tallied at least 700 yards of total offense in two games in the same season for the first time in school history and it is just the third 700-yard game in school history.
* After trailing 24-13 in the second quarter, Clemson scored 42 unanswered points to lead 55-24 in third quarter. NC State ended that run with a touchdown to make the score 55-31. It was the largest deficit overcome to gain victory this year and most since the Tigers overcame a 14-point deficit against Wake Forest last year.
* Clemson’s 62 points in today’s game are the second-most points in school history against an ACC team. The record is 82 against Wake Forest in 1981. This was the most points Clemson has scored since scoring 70 in a 70-14 win over Central Michigan in 2007.
* Clemson and NC State combined for 110 points in today’s game. That is the most ever by both teams in an ACC game and a game at Memorial Stadium in Clemson history. The previous record for both was 106 when Clemson beat Wake Forest 82-24 to combine for 106 points in 1981. It was the second most combined points in an ACC game in history. Georgia Tech (68) and North Carolina (50) combined for 118 earlier this year.
* Clemson and NC State combined for 1351 yards of total offense in today’s game, which is a Clemson school record for yards of total offense by both teams. The previous record was 1106 by Clemson and Wake Forest in 1981.
* Clemson and NC State also tallied a combined 919 passing yards in today’s game. That is the most passing yards by both teams in a game in Clemson history. The previous record was 783 passing yards by Clemson and Texas Tech in the 2002 Tangerine Bowl.
* Clemson’s Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS Jr. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile and NC State’s Mike Glennon each threw for over 400 yards in today’s game. It is the first time in Clemson history that both quarterbacks threw for 400 yards in the same game. Glennon’s 493 yards passing were the second most ever against Clemson. Chris Weinke of Florida State had 521 in 2000 at FSU.
* Clemson recorded 441 yards of total offense in the first half of today’s game. That is the second most yards of total offense in a half in Clemson history. Clemson had 487 at Duke earlier this year.
* NC State’s 48 points are the most ever by an ACC opponent at Memorial Stadium. In fact, NC State now has three of the top four point totals by an ACC opponent at Memorial Stadium in Clemson history.
* Clemson now has 63 touchdowns as a team this season. That is the most for a single season in Clemson history. The previous record was 58 touchdowns last season.
* Clemson also set the single-season record for points with 491 points. The previous record came last season when Clemson tallied 470 points.
* Clemson ran 102 plays in today’s game. That is the most plays in a single game in Clemson history. Previous record was 98 against Maryland in 1992.
* Clemson recorded 34 first downs in today’s game. That is one shy of the Clemson record of 35 first downs in a game which came against Wake Forest in 1981.
* Clemson had two 100-yard rushers in today’s game as Andre EllingtonAndre Ellington
RS Sr. Running Back
#23 5-10, 195
Moncks Corner, SC
View Full Profile had 124 rushing yards and Tajh Boyd had 103 yards rushing. It is the first time that Clemson has had two 100-yard rushers in a game since September 4, 2010 against North Texas when Ellington had 122 rushing yards and Jamie HarperJamie Harper
#8 6-0, 235
View Full Profile had 101 yards rushing.
* Clemson also had two 100-yard receivers in today’s game as Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
So. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile had 110 receiving yards and Brandon FordBrandon Ford
Gr. Tight End
#80 6-4, 240
View Full Profile has 101 receiving yards. It is the first time that Clemson has had two 100-yard receivers in the same game since October 6, 2007 against Virginia Tech when Aaron Kelly (174) and Tyler GrishamTyler Grisham
# 5-11, 185
View Full Profile (100) both had at least 100 yards receiving.
* Clemson now has had 14 100-yard individual receiving games against NC State all-time. That is the most 100-yard receiving games against one opponent in school history.
* Tajh Boyd set the Clemson and ACC single-game record for touchdown responsibility with eight touchdowns, three rushing and five passing. The previous Clemson record was six by Boyd and Woody Dantlzer. Many ACC players had had six previously.
* With his eight touchdowns, Boyd is now responsible for a ACC single-season record 41 touchdowns this season. He broke his own record of 38 set last year. Obviously his 79 touchdowns over the last two years are the most in consecutive years in ACC history.
* Boyd also set the single-game record for yards of total offense with 529 yards with 426 yards passing and a career-high 103 yards rushing. Ironically, the previous record came at NC State in 2001 when Woodrow Dantzler recorded 517 yards.
* With today's win, Clemson's 2012 seniors have 23 regular season conference wins. This is a record for a four-year period. The previous record was 22.
* Clemson was presented with a trophy as co-Champions of the Atlantic Divison of the Atlantic Coast Conference in the locker room after the game.
NCSU Game Notes
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org||
|Discuss this update on the Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|