|Clemson Men’s Basketball Tabbed for 2013 Charleston Classic|
|Press Release - Friday, November 16, 2012 10:16 AM||
The 2013 Charleston Classic presented by Foster Grant will be a bracket-format tournament, featuring 12 games over the three days of competition. The Southern Conference will again serve as the event’s sponsoring conference, marking the sixth straight year.
Clemson won the inaugural Charleston Classic in 2008 when Oliver Purnell was still the Tigers’ head coach. The Tigers defeated Hofstra, TCU and Temple in order on their way to winning the championship. Trevor BookerTrevor Booker
#35 6-7, 240
View Full Profile was named Tournament MVP after posting 15 points and 16 rebounds in the final game against Temple.
Other past winners of the Charleston Classic are Miami (FL) (2009), Georgetown (2010) and Northwestern (2011). This year’s champion will be crowned on Sunday, Nov. 18.
Additional information, including travel packages, can be found on the Charleston Classic Web site at CharlestonClassic.com. The event is owned and operated by ESPN Regional Television, a subsidiary of ESPN.
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Tajh Boyd scheduled to workout for a NFL team
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- Former Clemson Two-Sport Star passes away
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains