|Clemson Men’s Basketball Tabbed for 2013 Charleston Classic|
|Press Release - Friday, November 16, 2012 10:16 AM||
The 2013 Charleston Classic presented by Foster Grant will be a bracket-format tournament, featuring 12 games over the three days of competition. The Southern Conference will again serve as the event’s sponsoring conference, marking the sixth straight year.
Clemson won the inaugural Charleston Classic in 2008 when Oliver Purnell was still the Tigers’ head coach. The Tigers defeated Hofstra, TCU and Temple in order on their way to winning the championship. Trevor BookerTrevor Booker
#35 6-7, 240
View Full Profile was named Tournament MVP after posting 15 points and 16 rebounds in the final game against Temple.
Other past winners of the Charleston Classic are Miami (FL) (2009), Georgetown (2010) and Northwestern (2011). This year’s champion will be crowned on Sunday, Nov. 18.
Additional information, including travel packages, can be found on the Charleston Classic Web site at CharlestonClassic.com. The event is owned and operated by ESPN Regional Television, a subsidiary of ESPN.
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St
- Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks
- Swinney still waiting on MRI for Watson's knee
- Watson, Beasley injury updates
- ESPN declares 6-day hold for Clemson-SC game
- Swinney on Watson's injury
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks
- Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term