|Clemson Men’s Basketball Tabbed for 2013 Charleston Classic|
|Friday, November 16, 2012 10:16 AM-||
CLEMSON, SC – Clemson will take part in the 2013 Charleston Classic presented by Foster Grant, ESPN Regional Television announced Friday. Clemson is one of six schools confirmed for the event that will be held at College of Charleston’s TD Arena next November. The other schools committed to playing are UAB, Georgia, Nebraska, New Mexico and Temple. The exact dates of the tournament, as well as final two teams, will be announced at a later date.
The 2013 Charleston Classic presented by Foster Grant will be a bracket-format tournament, featuring 12 games over the three days of competition. The Southern Conference will again serve as the event’s sponsoring conference, marking the sixth straight year.
Clemson won the inaugural Charleston Classic in 2008 when Oliver Purnell was still the Tigers’ head coach. The Tigers defeated Hofstra, TCU and Temple in order on their way to winning the championship. Trevor BookerTrevor Booker
#35 6-7, 240
View Full Profile was named Tournament MVP after posting 15 points and 16 rebounds in the final game against Temple.
Other past winners of the Charleston Classic are Miami (FL) (2009), Georgetown (2010) and Northwestern (2011). This year’s champion will be crowned on Sunday, Nov. 18.
Additional information, including travel packages, can be found on the Charleston Classic Web site at CharlestonClassic.com. The event is owned and operated by ESPN Regional Television, a subsidiary of ESPN.
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- Renfrow breaks bone in hand playing pickup basketball
- Latest NCAA projection for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits
- FSU to give away 10K strips of bacon vs. Clemson
- WATCH: Mike Williams running routes again