|Hopkins semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, November 12, 2012 3:08 PM||
This is the second consecutive year a Clemson receiver has made the final 10 for the award. In 2011 Sammy Watkins was named a semifinalist.
Hopkins is the only ACC player on the list. He currently ranks second in the nation in touchdown receptions with 14, already a Clemson single season mark. He also is Clemson’s career leader with 23.
Hopkins has 66 catches for 1096 yards this season, an average of 16.6 yards per reception. He has caught at least one touchdown pass in seven consecutive games, a Clemson record, and nine of the 10 contests this season. He now ranks second in school history in career receptions with 190 and yardage with 2711. He needs just 23 receiving yards against NC State this Saturday to become the school’s career leader in that category.
Hopkins is joined in the final 10 by Tavon Austin of West Virginia, Stedman Bailey of West Virginia, Brandin Cooks of Oregon State, Austin Franklin of New Mexico State, Cobi Hamilton of Arkansas, Austin Hill of Airzona, Marqise Lee of Southern California, Quinton Patton of Louisiana Tech and Terrance Williams of Baylor.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Moped accident puts Clemson DB in yellow jersey
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"