|Hopkins semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, November 12, 2012 3:08 PM||
Clemson, SC—Clemson wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins has been named one of 10 semifinalists for the Fred Biletnikoff Award. The honor is presented each year to the top receiver in college football.
This is the second consecutive year a Clemson receiver has made the final 10 for the award. In 2011 Sammy Watkins was named a semifinalist.
Hopkins is the only ACC player on the list. He currently ranks second in the nation in touchdown receptions with 14, already a Clemson single season mark. He also is Clemson’s career leader with 23.
Hopkins has 66 catches for 1096 yards this season, an average of 16.6 yards per reception. He has caught at least one touchdown pass in seven consecutive games, a Clemson record, and nine of the 10 contests this season. He now ranks second in school history in career receptions with 190 and yardage with 2711. He needs just 23 receiving yards against NC State this Saturday to become the school’s career leader in that category.
Hopkins is joined in the final 10 by Tavon Austin of West Virginia, Stedman Bailey of West Virginia, Brandin Cooks of Oregon State, Austin Franklin of New Mexico State, Cobi Hamilton of Arkansas, Austin Hill of Airzona, Marqise Lee of Southern California, Quinton Patton of Louisiana Tech and Terrance Williams of Baylor.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released