|Two players Named Academic All-District|
|Monday, November 12, 2012 10:07 AM-||
Clemson graduates Dalton FreemanDalton Freeman
#55 6-5, 265
View Full Profile and Jaron BrownJaron Brown
Gr. Wide Receiver
#18 6-2, 205
View Full Profile have both been named to the CoSIDA Academic All-District team. Freeman is Clemson’s starting center and Brown is a starting wide receiver. Both have had a positive impact on Clemson’s top 10 national ranking and record setting pace on offense this year.
Both will now be listed on the national ballot for the Academic All-America team that will be announced early next month. Brown and Freeman have already earned their undergraduate degrees and have career GPAs of over 3.3.
Freeman has started every game this year at center, and in fact has a streak of 46 consecutive starts entering Saturday’s game with NC State. He has started more games at center than anyone else in Clemson history, in fact 10 more than any other center. He is currently tied for sixth in school history in total games started and should tie the record held by former teammate Landon WalkerLandon Walker
#72 6-6, 305
North Wilkesboro, NC
View Full Profile (49) by the end of the year.
Freeman has played 3,106 career offensive plays and will likely become Clemson’s career leader in plays this coming Saturday against NC State. Heeds just 26 plays to break Walker’s record of 3,131.
Brown is in his third year as a starter at wide receiver. So far this year he has 17 catches for 265 yards. For his career the native of Cheraw, SC has 83 receptions for 1106 yards and eight touchdowns.
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Two Tigers named as Heisman Candidates in the ACC