|Two players Named Academic All-District|
|Monday, November 12, 2012 10:07 AM-||
Clemson graduates Dalton FreemanDalton Freeman
#55 6-5, 265
View Full Profile and Jaron BrownJaron Brown
Gr. Wide Receiver
#18 6-2, 205
View Full Profile have both been named to the CoSIDA Academic All-District team. Freeman is Clemson’s starting center and Brown is a starting wide receiver. Both have had a positive impact on Clemson’s top 10 national ranking and record setting pace on offense this year.
Both will now be listed on the national ballot for the Academic All-America team that will be announced early next month. Brown and Freeman have already earned their undergraduate degrees and have career GPAs of over 3.3.
Freeman has started every game this year at center, and in fact has a streak of 46 consecutive starts entering Saturday’s game with NC State. He has started more games at center than anyone else in Clemson history, in fact 10 more than any other center. He is currently tied for sixth in school history in total games started and should tie the record held by former teammate Landon WalkerLandon Walker
#72 6-6, 305
North Wilkesboro, NC
View Full Profile (49) by the end of the year.
Freeman has played 3,106 career offensive plays and will likely become Clemson’s career leader in plays this coming Saturday against NC State. Heeds just 26 plays to break Walker’s record of 3,131.
Brown is in his third year as a starter at wide receiver. So far this year he has 17 catches for 265 yards. For his career the native of Cheraw, SC has 83 receptions for 1106 yards and eight touchdowns.
- Gametime announced for Clemson-Louisville
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Swinney confirms ACL injury for Clemson WR and other injuries
- College GameDay hints at Louisville vs. Clemson
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- ACC announces game times and TV networks
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Georgia Tech
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech