|BCS standings reaction: Week 12|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, November 12, 2012 9:20 AM||
From Heather Dinich of ESPN:
No more than two teams from each BCS conference can play in BCS bowls, so it doesn’t matter that literally half the SEC is ranked above Florida State and Clemson. With the SEC champ heading to the Sugar, and Texas A&M possibly going to the Fiesta, and Florida State heading to the Discover Orange Bowl as the ACC champ (if it can squeak by whatever five-loss team it’s playing in the title game), Clemson is the next man up. There’s really no other choice, as Notre Dame is likely to be scooped up by the time the Sugar makes its selection.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI