|Dabo: Clemson will be divisional co-champs with win over NCSU|
|by TigerNet Staff - Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:23 PM||
Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney
View Full Profile said during his Sunday media teleconference that Clemson would also get an Atlantic Division trophy if they beat NC State....FSU would play in ACCCG with the tiebreaker.
From ACC site:
If two or more teams are tied with the highest percentage of wins, they shall be declared division co-champions. Division standings will be calculated on a percentage basis, using only those Conference games which are a part of the regular rotating schedule. In the event of division co-champions, the following tie-breaker procedure will be used to determine that divisions’ representative to the championship game.
A. Two-Team Tie
Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
Records of the tied teams within the division.
Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall record (divisional). Conference record and proceeding though the division. Multiple ties within the division broken from first to last.
Overall record versus all common non-divisional opponents.
Combined record versus all non-divisional teams.
Record versus common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish (divisional and non-divisional) and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the end of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game.
The representative shall be chosen by a draw.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"