|Clemson celebrates homecoming with 56th annual Tigerama|
|Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:10 AM-||
CLEMSON – Clemson University’s homecoming weekend festivities kick off with the 56th annual Tigerama Homecoming Pep Rally on Friday, Nov. 9, at Littlejohn Coliseum.
“Tigerama Tailgate” leads off the night at 5:30 p.m. on the lawn of Littlejohn Coliseum. This free, family-friendly event will feature live music, a magician, appearances by Clemson student-athletes and organizations, games and prizes.
Tigerama will begin at 7 p.m. inside Littlejohn. The emcees of the night are Miss South Carolina and Clemson student Ali Rogers and former Clemson football player and television personality Tribble Reese. The event will feature a special appearance by Dabo Swinney and the football team, Tiger Band, the Clemson University Gospel Choir, Army Rangers, the cheerleaders and Rally Cats, a skit performed by a student organization, a cappella group Tigeroar and the crowning of Miss Homecoming. The night will conclude with a fireworks show.
The theme for Tigerama is “Spirit of ’89,” on honor of the traditions that tie Clemson students to the first Tigers of 1889.
Tickets for Tigerama can be purchased in advance at $8 for adults and $6 for children and Clemson students. Tickets are available at the Clemson ticket office at Memorial Stadium, the Littlejohn Coliseum box office, the Alumni Center and many downtown Clemson retailers, such as Mr. Knickerbocker’s, Tiger Sports Shop and The Athletic Department. Tickets also may be purchased online at http://www.tigerama.org. Tickets purchased the day of the event are $10 for everyone. Several local restaurants will be offering discounts the week of the show with proof of a purchased ticket, including Smokin’ Pig, Spill the Beans, Groucho’s and Sweetgrass.
Tigerama is hosted by Blue Key honor society. Proceeds from the event benefit Blue Key’s Tigerama Scholarship Fund. For more information, visit the Facebook event at http://www.facebook.com/events/504746099550035/.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- ESPN announces changes to commentator lineup for 2016
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Former Clemson DT signs with Toronto Argonauts