|Clemson celebrates homecoming with 56th annual Tigerama|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:10 AM||
CLEMSON – Clemson University’s homecoming weekend festivities kick off with the 56th annual Tigerama Homecoming Pep Rally on Friday, Nov. 9, at Littlejohn Coliseum.
“Tigerama Tailgate” leads off the night at 5:30 p.m. on the lawn of Littlejohn Coliseum. This free, family-friendly event will feature live music, a magician, appearances by Clemson student-athletes and organizations, games and prizes.
Tigerama will begin at 7 p.m. inside Littlejohn. The emcees of the night are Miss South Carolina and Clemson student Ali Rogers and former Clemson football player and television personality Tribble Reese. The event will feature a special appearance by Dabo Swinney and the football team, Tiger Band, the Clemson University Gospel Choir, Army Rangers, the cheerleaders and Rally Cats, a skit performed by a student organization, a cappella group Tigeroar and the crowning of Miss Homecoming. The night will conclude with a fireworks show.
The theme for Tigerama is “Spirit of ’89,” on honor of the traditions that tie Clemson students to the first Tigers of 1889.
Tickets for Tigerama can be purchased in advance at $8 for adults and $6 for children and Clemson students. Tickets are available at the Clemson ticket office at Memorial Stadium, the Littlejohn Coliseum box office, the Alumni Center and many downtown Clemson retailers, such as Mr. Knickerbocker’s, Tiger Sports Shop and The Athletic Department. Tickets also may be purchased online at http://www.tigerama.org. Tickets purchased the day of the event are $10 for everyone. Several local restaurants will be offering discounts the week of the show with proof of a purchased ticket, including Smokin’ Pig, Spill the Beans, Groucho’s and Sweetgrass.
Tigerama is hosted by Blue Key honor society. Proceeds from the event benefit Blue Key’s Tigerama Scholarship Fund. For more information, visit the Facebook event at http://www.facebook.com/events/504746099550035/.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"