|Catanzaro Named Semifinalist for Groza|
|Monday, November 5, 2012 12:59 PM-||
Clemson, SC—Clemson kicker Chandler Catanzaro has been named one of 20 semifinalists for the Lou Groza Award. It is the second consecutive year he has been named to the final 20.
Catanzaro, a native of Greenville, SC, is Clemson’s leading scorer with 79 points this year. He has made 12-13 field goals and 43-44 extra points for a Clemson team that is ranked eighth in the latest USA Today Coaches poll and 10th by Associated Press.
Catanzaro made 20 consecutive field goals dating to last year before he missed a field goal at Wake Forest on October 25. That was a Clemson record for consecutive made field goals. Catanzaro made four field goals in the season opening win against then 25th ranked Auburn. He also made a 50-yarder at Florida State, the longest field goal of his career.
He is 18-25 on field goals of 40 yards or more, the top percentage in Clemson history.
Catanzaro is currently 29th in the nation in field goals per game (1.33) and 30th in scoring with 8.78 points per game.
- Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt
- WATCH: Gamecock fan flips the bird after Clemson TD
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- ACC announces game time and network for Championship Game
- Spiller takes a jab at the Gamecocks
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Vegas odds for Clemson-North Carolina
- Photo: SC uniforms for Clemson game
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team