|Catanzaro Named Semifinalist for Groza|
|Press Release - Monday, November 5, 2012 12:59 PM||
Clemson, SC—Clemson kicker Chandler Catanzaro has been named one of 20 semifinalists for the Lou Groza Award. It is the second consecutive year he has been named to the final 20.
Catanzaro, a native of Greenville, SC, is Clemson’s leading scorer with 79 points this year. He has made 12-13 field goals and 43-44 extra points for a Clemson team that is ranked eighth in the latest USA Today Coaches poll and 10th by Associated Press.
Catanzaro made 20 consecutive field goals dating to last year before he missed a field goal at Wake Forest on October 25. That was a Clemson record for consecutive made field goals. Catanzaro made four field goals in the season opening win against then 25th ranked Auburn. He also made a 50-yarder at Florida State, the longest field goal of his career.
He is 18-25 on field goals of 40 yards or more, the top percentage in Clemson history.
Catanzaro is currently 29th in the nation in field goals per game (1.33) and 30th in scoring with 8.78 points per game.
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Clemson releases depth chart for Wofford
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man