|Catanzaro Named Semifinalist for Groza|
|Press Release - Monday, November 5, 2012 12:59 PM||
Catanzaro, a native of Greenville, SC, is Clemson’s leading scorer with 79 points this year. He has made 12-13 field goals and 43-44 extra points for a Clemson team that is ranked eighth in the latest USA Today Coaches poll and 10th by Associated Press.
Catanzaro made 20 consecutive field goals dating to last year before he missed a field goal at Wake Forest on October 25. That was a Clemson record for consecutive made field goals. Catanzaro made four field goals in the season opening win against then 25th ranked Auburn. He also made a 50-yarder at Florida State, the longest field goal of his career.
He is 18-25 on field goals of 40 yards or more, the top percentage in Clemson history.
Catanzaro is currently 29th in the nation in field goals per game (1.33) and 30th in scoring with 8.78 points per game.
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach
- Garry Peters' NFL combine update
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB