|Catanzaro Named Semifinalist for Groza|
|Monday, November 5, 2012 12:59 PM-||
Clemson, SC—Clemson kicker Chandler Catanzaro has been named one of 20 semifinalists for the Lou Groza Award. It is the second consecutive year he has been named to the final 20.
Catanzaro, a native of Greenville, SC, is Clemson’s leading scorer with 79 points this year. He has made 12-13 field goals and 43-44 extra points for a Clemson team that is ranked eighth in the latest USA Today Coaches poll and 10th by Associated Press.
Catanzaro made 20 consecutive field goals dating to last year before he missed a field goal at Wake Forest on October 25. That was a Clemson record for consecutive made field goals. Catanzaro made four field goals in the season opening win against then 25th ranked Auburn. He also made a 50-yarder at Florida State, the longest field goal of his career.
He is 18-25 on field goals of 40 yards or more, the top percentage in Clemson history.
Catanzaro is currently 29th in the nation in field goals per game (1.33) and 30th in scoring with 8.78 points per game.
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll